1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $94.00

We used the showers over by the Tent area (they were brand new and really clean), also provided a little more space for me to shower with my two kids. The main showers that we used were also clean. They had KOA Staff picking up garbage multiple times a day from your site, but they didn't have separate recycling. The Pools were clean, activities for kids were great! We did stay over 4th of July! They had bouncy slides and fun things to do to keep the kids entertained! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

It's Virginia Beach - so there are many things to do! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the shuttle that will take you into town to the beach or to the aquarium. Passes can be purchased at the store or using your mobile device. We prefer Sandbridge Beach which is quieter with plenty of parking.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $87.00

We've been to this KOA several times over the last few years. The employees are always great, the park is clean, and there are lots of fun activities. The sites don't provide much room, but that is typical for a KOA. The only complaint I had this time was the lack of flexibility with late checkout. We were in town for the big sand soccer tournament, and my son's last game was at a time when we would have had to rush to get back for the 12:00 checkout time. Also, if they made the playoffs (which they ultimately did) the tournament would run even longer for us. I asked for a late checkout, which they've always been happy to give me. The response was that they didn't do that anymore, but instead would let me stay for an extra night for half price. On the one hand, I understand they're a business and it was nice to not have to worry about what time we left. On the other hand, no one was using the site the next day, we stay there whenever we have a tournament, I'm a KOA rewards member, and a little flexibility would have been nice in exchange for my loyalty. There's another campground across the street from this KOA, and I'll be inquiring about their late checkout policies next year when I book for this tournament next year. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $81.00

The campground is nice. We camped on dirt, sand, and weeds and there were plenty of trees to keep us shaded. There are new deluxe patio sites that are concrete with patios, but are missing mature trees. There are new bathrooms and old bathrooms. The older bathrooms are inefficient. The toilets and sinks are in one building and showers are in another. So, if you are cleaning up one would shower in one room, leave that room, walk around the building and go into another room to use the sink and toilet. Also, the toilet stalls are very tight. I can't imagine how a very large person would be able to use the toilet. As it was, I would walk in, straddle the toilet to close the door and the toilet paper holder just about touched my shoulder. The water pressure was low and water temperature was inconsistent if there was another person showering. That said, the bathrooms were extremely clean. The newer bathrooms are private one room bathrooms. The campground is great for kids, which we don't camp with. There are two pools, one with a slide, a bouncy pad, a couple of playgrounds, horse shoes, volleyball, etc. I didn't use the laundry facilities, but did check it out. It was the cleanest facility I have ever seen including private laundromats. We had no issues with WiFi and a good selection of cable channels. I think the campground is a bit pricey. Next time in Virginia Beach, I would probably tryout another campground due to the price. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $91.00

Nice, friendly park. Nice employees. We had power spikes which kept blowing our fuses, but the moved us to a new site. We didn't go to the new site because a hurricane was on it's way and we just decided it wasn't worth it. The man that showed us to our site showed me where the sewer was. Well, it was not really a sewer hole. I don't know what it was. When unhooking, I noticed the overflow and a different sewer hole (the right one). So we had to move a full hose over 6 feet. Yuk! We didn't stay the full 5 days because a hurricane was on the way. They were very friendly about canceling and refunding the rest of our stay. Very nice people. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $53.00

A very nice campground that is a trolley stop for a service (fee) to and from Virginia Beach. The staff was very accommodating when I asked to be moved to a shaded site. The site they gave us was a pull through water/electric only but was a huge site with plenty of shade. The "premium" sites toward the front of the park have concrete patios and furniture. They are nice sites but not as shaded or as large as some of the W/E sites in our section (sites 114-132). One of the pros for this CG is that there are plenty of activities for all ages including a pocket park activity area, arcade, bike rentals and two nice pools. Another observation is that there is always several staff riding through the park on golf carts to pick up trash, check out sites, escort new arrivals to their site, etc. This is the most I have seen CG staff available for questions or issues. The biggest issue I had with this CG is the restrooms/showers. The restrooms had several broken toilets and what was not broken was not very clean. The showers were also dirty and need some updates. One note is that there is a military base nearby and the CG is in the flight pattern for jets that occasionally take off. It did not bother us and I enjoyed the show, but I can see where others might find it distracting and too loud. Overall a good CG but my rating is based on the restrooms. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $82.00

We stayed at this KOA at the last minute. I have avoided these large "parking lot" style campgrounds up to now. But this campground had bigger sites than I expected and many amenities for children and families. Of course we paid more to be this close to a major beach, but our destinations were close by, and we spent very little time driving once we got into VA Beach. There is a city shuttle that stops at KOA and takes campers to the beach and other attractions in VA Beach. Activities at the campground included 2 pools, a jumping pad, an inflatable slide, ping pong, life size chess game, large tricycles and golf carts for rent, 2 playgrounds, basketball, horseshoes and other games. Back in the middle center section (around the 120's) there was a seedy area with a camper or two that looked permanent and very run down. Other than that, things were clean and appeared well cared for. There were a lot of people there, yes; but folks were having fun. I would stay there again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $70.00

We've been at this park several times, usually for a travel soccer tournament. We hadn't been here for 6+ months, though, and noticed they've really made some improvements. They recently renovated their activities area, adding a dedicated cornhole area, bocce, ladderball, and a propane firepit area. It looks very nice. As usual with a KOA, the sites are rather close together, but after several tries we found an area of the park we liked. There was plenty of shade, and it was close enough to the transmitter that our wifi was okay during the day. At night it was pointless to try to use it, but that's the case with most campground wifi. The Holiday Trav-L Park across the street is cheaper, but we think the KOA is nicer. You get what you pay for! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $63.00

Nice level site. Nothin else to say................ We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $65.00

This is my second time reviewing this KOA. We stayed there back in June of this year. Because I wasn't fond of the site we got last time, I requested site 28, which looked to be in a quiet corner of the park. The site itself was a decent size (for a KOA) and well shaded. However, there were a couple of issues. The first problem was my fault, because I didn't realize that corner of the park is MUCH closer to the main road, and thus louder. The second issue was that the wifi didn't reach that corner of the park. It was simply impossible to connect. If I walked two site rows closer to the wifi tower, I got a perfect connection. I asked at the office and they rebooted the router, but that made no difference. They did acknowledge that the corner of the park we're in doesn't get great coverage. This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but if you're looking for wifi, don't get that site! Other than the site, the campground was in good shape, with clean bath houses and the always-polite employees. There was a festival happening on the other side of the campground, but I was warned about it and chose to stay there anyhow. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $51.00

This was a decent stay. We camped here for the weekend while visiting friends. The campground was very clean, but I felt that it was overpriced. They also charged per person which I also didn't like. The attendant behind the counter was a little slow and charged me for an extra person but I didn't feel like arguing over it for the $6. The jumper pads were a lot of fun and the camp ground was very pretty. We had a firepit in our spot which was really awesome. The store sold firewood but we were able to scavenge enough from the woods and around the campground without paying for it. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. Our site was nicely shaded by trees, as were most of the sites. Overall, this was a decent place to stay, but a little overpriced. Admin note: confirm collecting of firewood in campground and surrounding area is allowed. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Tons of stuff to do in the VA beach/Norfolk area. Battle Ship Wisconson, Navy base tours, beach, ect...

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $75.00

Thanks goodness for a great site # 41, had we been in one of the flooded sites the overall rating would be a 2. We would stay here again if we could get this site, so many of the others were flooded due to the rain that they had the week before. Another disappointment was the slummy seasonal / residents that they have here. I can't believe that this is a corporate owned KOA and it looks like this. This campground along with the one across the street are convenient to all the attractions of VA Beach. Our water, electric, sewer and cable worked perfect during our stay. The pool was well maintained. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Dogs are allowed on the beach north of 42nd street before 10 AM and after 6PM. VA Beach is very dog friendly so check out that information on their website. Bring the bicycles and head to False Cape State Park.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $42.00

Their Wi-Fi is great because they have multiple antennas and it's fast. Jets fly overhead. Be grateful they are there. They are from the local military base used in training applications for the most part. Yeah, they're noticeable but they're there for our safety and the safety of this country. The park seems to be set up for the summer crowds that flock this place and they can handle it. Everyone on staff was pleasant and seem eager to be of service. Sites are gravel and off level a little. They have bike paths near by and not far from the beach boardwalk. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $50.00

No real complaints about this park. It was adequate and convenient to the beach and shopping. I think it was a bit overpriced for the off-season (pools closed, not anything going on). The jet noise from Oceana Naval Station could be bad at times, but that's Virginia Beach. It didn't bother me, because I sincerely love the sound. Electricity was a little low but not a real problem. Water pressure OK. Reasonably quiet at night, except on weekends when there's a little more party atmosphere. Some noise from the street. Sites adequately sized and reasonably level. People in the office were very nice and helpful. Bathrooms clean. Didn't use the laundry, so can't report on that. Wi-fi OK, cable OK. We would stay there again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $61.00

The sites at this campground are small and there is little privacy. Trees provide shade at some of the sites, but many of the sites are wide open. Our site had full hookups (water, electric, sewer, and cable). The water pressure seemed low compared to other campgrounds at which we have stayed and the water had a brown tint to it, but was otherwise fine. The cable channel lineup was limited. The stone surface at many sites appeared as if it could use replenishing as water tended to pond and drainage was fairly poor. The campground has many amenities, including two very nice pools (one with water slides), bouncing pillow, playgrounds, half basketball court, horseshoe pits, bocce ball, and 9 hole mini golf in urgent need of repair. Bus service to area attractions is also available. The campground is minutes away from many attractions, including the Virginia aquarium, Virginia Beach boardwalk and ocean front, Ocean Breeze water park, go kart tracks, and mini golf. The jets from Oceana NAS were noticeable but easily tolerable. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $59.00

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 27' rig. The park and the area has lots to do for kids and families. The laundry is the largest I've seen in a campground. $1.75 for washers and dryers. The bathrooms/showers were clean, but only 2 per building (multiple buildings) which I thought was too few for the number of sites in the park. We used the Dog Park which is nice. The sites were level and spacious, but some can get muddy when it rains. There is a problem with drainage in some sites. Both open and shaded sites. The staff is attentive, but when we were here, the grass needed mowing in some sites and there was trash in some of the fire pits. The park is convenient to the Boardwalk, beach, grocery store, and other sights in the area via the trolley, bikes, or car. The jets flying overhead were not an issue. We would stay here again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?