Candy Hill Campground

Winchester, Virginia

165 Ward Ave
Winchester, Virginia 22602

Longitude: -78.20377

• Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes

Ask fellow campers about "Candy Hill Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $67.00

this is a very nice park we did have the high end luxury site which had a nice large glass topped table 6 chairs 2 recliners and a large grill on a concrete patio - large site lots of grass. The store has tons of gifts, souveniers and rv supplies etc. very lovely park and the staff is so friendly its like coming home. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

E 4
Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $44.00

We stayed at Candy Hill a year or two ago, and I wrote a review saying I liked the campground. Here we are back at the same campground, and I have decided I like it even more. A lot for the kids to do-a pool, playground, pool tables, game room- clean area, close to area attractions, and friendly hostess. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $50.00

Price high for overnight stay. Staff not overly friendly. WiFi offered by Tengointernet which is free but can onlt use 1 device at a time (have to sign off one to use another!) At $50/n...this is not acceptable. They also charged $5 extra for extra person in our rig. Not one of our favorite campgrounds but is only game in town for north-south route! Sites are nice and park close to I-81. Sits very muddy when raining. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Historic Winchester and Stonewall Confederate Cemetery

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $47.00

The campground is very clean and has one of the best fenced dog runs I've seen. The workers were professional and fairly friendly. I really didn't have that much contact with them as it was winter and very cold most of the time. Propane service was excellent and inexpensive which was really appreciated during the cold weather. Easy access to I-81. Walmart super center close by. As promised and expected the water spigots were locked down at 8pm or 36 degrees and weren't unlocked until 8AM or 36 degrees. No problem for me but if your fresh water pump isn't working properly it would be a problem. Now, here is the problem with Candy Hill.....the traffic noise from Hwy 37. It is continuous and unrelenting. Big trucks using jake brakes all night is not conducive to sleep. We were in site E3, which is a premium site and close to the highway. I suspect Candy Hill was a pretty cool RV park before they built that road. I also suspect that Candy Hill will one day be purchased for commercial property. Winchester was a neat city for site seeing and has all of the major businesses and restaurants. Now for a negative. We paid for a premium site, which should have allowed us a "free" visitor. When my daughter showed up for a BRIEF visit I was charged a $5.00 fee. When I inquired about the "free" visitor I was supposed to receive, I was advised that I had received a reduced rate for the premium site which negated the "free" visitor policy. The fee for the visitor was to be paid in cash only so I highly suspect it goes to the workers and not reported to the IRS. Pretty cheap of them. I could see the visitor fee if the pool were open but it was not. Owners of Candy Hill........you need to revisit this policy and maybe use some kind of armband for people using the facilities. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

E3

Featured Campgrounds Near Candy Hill Campground

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $46.00

On game in town on way south. Staff friendly, sites very nice but cost too high for value. Water was locked at time we arrived due to temperature. They did offer to turn it on to fill our tank but would lock it back up. This factor was not reflected in the price! Still paid full price. We were put in a premium, pull-thru site which was on pad and very nice. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $37.00

Friendly people and good service. Lots are spacious with some providing shade. Site surface was a concrete pad which featured a fire ring, picnic table and patio. Camp store has more than camping world! We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Picnic Table, Fire Ring, Patio

Walmart down the road.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $44.00

Very quiet and clean. Decent WiFi and OK cable. Huge camping store! If you need something for your RV they will more than likely have it. Friendly staff despite some of the reviews I've read. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Travel Trailer.

C-10

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $47.00

Been here numerous times over the years. It's the only campground in the area. The staff is short on civility, and the less I can deal with them the better. Cable TV is horrendous, and speaking with them about it is an exercise in futility. The sites up front near the highway are as expected very noisy. I'm learning when visiting relatives in the area and staying here to ask for a site in the rear. I'm beginning to think elsewhere and resign to driving the distance. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

C13

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $65.00

Staff is rude. Manager, who I talked with, sets the tone and it obviously filters down. Some of the check in ladies are nice. It is on major highway. Highway noise. Luxury sites are closest to the hwy. when high capacity power drops, it was down to 107 volts, lights dimming. They are doing you a favor to let you camp there. Park is clean, kept well, good dog run. Some sites are roomy, most are close. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Travel Trailer.

In back

D-S

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $52.00

Check-in was rushed and rude on part of woman clerk. Younger male clerk was friendlier. When reservation was made via telephone a few weeks earlier, we requested a quieter site as far from 37 HWY as possible. At check-in, we were squeezed into Site A2 (or A3). Fortunately, my bride had the presence of mind to suggest moving to a less-crowded location. We walked around and found a couple of choices: C-13 and V-8. We went back to the office and requested the move. The woman clerk was short with us, but the male clerk obliged our request for C-13 - about 8 dollars more. We went back to our first site to find a long line of customers waiting to get in. At our first opportunity, I pulled out into line. The rude matron stomped out of the office to tell me that I was not supposed to have jumped in line as I did, and now she was going to have to tell the guy behind me that he would have to wait a bit longer. Really? Are we trying to create bad-blood with each other? Once we got to our new site, all was better - plenty of room on either side, a hill blocking our view of the hwy and the rest of the park. Voltage was excellent: 122 average with AC on, water pressure was 40 psi, sewer connection easy access. The site (both sites) were level - no need for repositioning or blocking. If we needed a Winchester-city location, we would visit again - and request C-13. Plenty to 'do' in this area of Northern Virginia. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

C-13
Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Did not use facilities...Campground was very neat and manicured. We had a pull through on lot H-1. Just traveling through so only stayed one night..would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

H-1

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

Pool was very nice and campground store had a variety of items. We were only here one night, but we were glad to find we could have food delivered from 3.14, a pizza and pasta restaurant. Our site was on a hill near the interstate. Seems one nighters are placed there. We read about some interesting in Winchester we would take advantage of if our stay had been longer. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

H2

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

This is our second visit to the campground, last visit was two years ago. Check in was very business like, no friendly greeting. We were led to our campsite but the guide was rather short, he even scolded my wife for talking to me on the radio. I should have cancelled his help and done it ourselves as we usually do. Campground is quite beautiful, the highway is close by but our site was quiet. Some sites are closer to the highway and can be noisy. Cell service is good, satellite reception is good. Our site has some tree shade. The pool is good. The laundry room was filthy, had not been cleaned. Machines were dirty and the floor was a mess. The campground has a compressor for tire inflation but charged for the air. Thought it would have been a good gesture to provide free air as an extra service. Overall I was not as pleased with my second visit. We stayed for 11 days. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

F4
Asphalt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $49.00

Lady at the front desk was very nice she helped us find a good place to eat. They have an awesome store very well stocked, if you need something for your RV they probably have it. Cable TV was horrible, they did come out to test it said it was our coach but everyone we spoke to said it was bad. The campground itself was clean and the road noise from 95 was not noticeable. Not a bad place but not something we would do long term. We stayed 3 nights. We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

The 50/50 Tap house in down town Winchester was awesome. 50 burgers 50 beers how can you go wrong?

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $63.00

Nice park, convenient to interstate. A little pricey, but we had to get a premium site because everything else was taken. Nice site, no problem getting into it. I will say the road into the campground is really tight and windy, but other than that the place is clean, staff are friendly, they lead you to your site. Nice little store with some food essentials, lots of rv parts and lots of souvenir stuff. As for the noise we had the AC on the whole time, so can't hear a thing! We camped at Candy Hill Campground in a Motorhome.

E2
Concrete, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Candy Hill Campground

Are you affiliated with Candy Hill Campground ?