Ellensburg KOA

• Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Ellensburg KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $55.00

Park still very green and well maintained this late in the season. The trees are spectacular now in their fall colors, a well proportioned reds and yellows. Despite going into the off season,there is still adequate staff to cater to our needs. I needed help getting my cable working, my fault, but their daytime crew fixed me within minutes. While the leash off park is a ways away from the camping area our dog was welcome on a leash in the entire park. As a bonus, there are trails at each end of the park allowing for a nice, peaceful walk along the Yakima River. We will definitely be back. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Fly fishing on the Yakima was incredible. While I was able to land fish from the campsites, I talked to many of the returning customers from the on-site guide service, Ellensburg Anglers and they were catching lots of fish, many very good sized. The windmill farm provides excellent tours and rock hunting for rare blue agate provides a unique outdoors experience. Whatever you decide to do, if you have any problems with your stay, ask one of the staff as they want your stay to be memorable.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $47.00

What a difference! The new owners did a make over the last three years. For an older park, the condition is very good. Bathrooms and showers are very clean. The roads and pads are gravel. Site are water and electric, no sewer. The mature trees and grass strips lend a park like feel to the place. The park sits between I90 and the Yakima River. There is some highway noise. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $50.00

No reservation-checked in and their guide took us to our site on the river- elec and water OK no cable and treed so could not use dish- guide was surprised as said others have reception. Scenery on the river was great. main washrooms had codes but washrooms in centre were open and thus non residents could access. Park was nature wise and well kept. Lot of tenters and they also rent large teepees and cottages which were very nice. People on site were very helpful. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $47.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. Easy on and off to highway but little road noise. Showers, laundry, and WiFi was good. Dog park with bags was good and campground to walk with dog. No problem with satellite. Campground was right on river. Not many full hook up sites. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Safeway and downtown was 10 minutes but easy drive.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ellensburg KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $59.00

I've stayed at this park before. It works for overnight. But I'm done with it. We pulled in. Got a pull thru site in a row with no one else. A few minutes later a truck pulled in beside us. There were 2 empty sites one side, 11 empty sites on the other side and a row of 11 empty sites behind us. What are they thinking when they assign sites? The guy who pulled in pitched his tent, is quiet, no bonfire. I have no problem with him. The people in the office have no sense? They don't travel in RVs? We've been here over 3 hours and still no one else in this row. I voiced my displeasure at the office and they were apologetic, offered to let us move. I'm not interested in moving. Just wish the office staff could assign sites instead of the computer. Computers don't drive RVs either. Lots of road from the nearby highway. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $56.00

Stayed at this park for one night while passing through the area. Stayed on an uneven pull through gravel site with full service. The cable did not work here and the wifi was extremely slow. This is an older park and now it is time for some TLC to update this park to the price point that they charge. For the price they charge for this KOA I expected more. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $44.00

This older park is in the process of improving its facilities as most sites don’t have 50 amp service nor sewer hookups. However it is a pleasant woodsy setting next to the Yakima River. This is a small KOA which families can enjoy. Staff is friendly and very helpful. This is a good stop for travelers or those who want to enjoy nature with a river setting. Lots of tent sites. We enjoyed our stay here. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $56.00

This is now our favorite RV park in the state. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the lot was wide, TV reception and selection choice with the cable was excellent. The park resides next to the Yakima River and even has a fly fishing business located on the premises (with a very personable young fishing guide). While located close to the freeway, we found the car noise minimal. A little on the pricey side, I noticed many of the other quality parks have raised their prices as well. It was mentioned that the park has a new owner and they plan on adding improvements in the off-season for next year; which I will be interested to see how they could possibly improve. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

The beautiful town of Cle Elum is about 20 minutes down the road. Downtown Ellensburg is beautiful and fun to stroll.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $52.00

We were here 3 years ago. My 8/15 review gives a more detailed, still accurate description of the park. As noted in that review, this KOA had a lot of the expected recreational amenities (pool, playground, etc.) for families. For me, the biggest change is the $10+ increase in rates. We again had a level, pull through, FHU site that had cable TV and, as requested, was satellite friendly. The Wi-Fi was good enough for our minimal (e-mail and web surfing) needs. The bathrooms and laundry facilities were clean. The bathrooms might be inadequate if all the tent site are occupied. The staff was friendly and helpful. I still see just aluminum can recycling. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $63.00

I've stayed at this park before. Don't remember it being so pricey. I had to use my long extension cord because the electric box was on the other side. Luckily, for the first time, I brought the extension cord. Site was almost level. No shade. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $56.00

This campground is easily accessed off I-90 Exit 106. Despite its proximity to the highway, it is remarkably quite most of the time. The staff is very friendly. The campground clean and well-maintained. While I recognize that it is "in season", it is a bit pricey (the reason for the rating of "8"). We'd still stay here again when passing through central Washington! We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Do take the time to visit the Kittitas County Historical Museum ... there is a lot more to see than yo'd suspect from the outside ... and the walking tour thru the city is worthwhile. Many good restaurants (we had a great lunch at the Yellow Church Cafe).

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $44.00

We only stayed one night at the Ellensburg KOA, but were very impressed. The grounds were beautiful and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. Loves, Fred Meyer, Safeway and several good restaurants were all just a few minutes away yet we felt removed from the town and the park was quiet. There were no real amenities at the park itself (it's a Journey.) We would definitely stay here again - and longer! We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $39.00

Super clean and very well maintained, especially for the end of the season. Very close to I-90, so that's a good thing, but if staying in a tent, I'm sure you would hear it, but for us in a trailer, it didn't matter one bit. Store is open until 8pm, but that will be closing sooner I'm sure, so call ahead if much after my review. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Site 57 - 1st Street
Gravel, Grass
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

The 1st 2 rows are full hookup pull through sites that are easy in and out to get back on the road.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

The staff is friendly and helpful. The park is clean and neat. The roads and sites are on the tight side. All the services worked well and the WiFi is superior. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

We were having a family reunion and chose this KOA because of the central location. It turned out great and the new owners were wonderful. They let us reserve the TV room and even opened up the "garage" door on the end to accommodate everyone. We had about 5 groups stay at the park in RVs/tents but we had over 40 people attending the reunion. They let people park their cars behind the maintenance building which was very convenient. This is the first reunion in about 30 years but the family is already talking about coming back next year. The park is so pretty and everything is well maintained and clean. About half the sites have sewer but there is a dump site for those that don't. We will be back again. We camped at Ellensburg KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ellensburg KOA

Are you affiliated with Ellensburg KOA ?