6.1 Average

Falling Waters Campsite

Falling Waters, West Virginia

7685 Williamsport Pike
Falling Waters, West Virginia 25419

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Falling Waters Campsite" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $35.00

No full hookup sites available, because there were more full timers staying there than people staying overnight. No dump station available. Plus had to move site because the water faucet was broken, which they were not aware of. This park is very hard to get around if you are handicapped, very hilly. I would not recommend this park. No handicap bathroom. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $37.00

No reservations, even if you offer to pay over the phone. Who does that now days? I saw a response from last year to the same question. Answer was because of cancellations and people not showing up. Well if its paid for who cares. Anyway, only reason I gave it 2 stars is because the bathhouse and bathrooms were clean. When we get there the lady that finally came to check us in gave us a spot in the field next to the road, which is used everyday all day. It was a joke down there. Thankfully we had no rain because it was already soft. They have a lot of full time residents there and it looks worse then a trailer park from TV. I can't even mark the features as having a picnic table as the one we had next to our power pole was so rotted we tried to move it and part of it broke. No dump station on property either. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $39.00

I want to give this park the benefit of the doubt, but if our experience with them is at all indicative of their day to day operations, it’s not good. We called a few days prior to arrival looking for an overnight stay. The man answering the phone said they don’t accept reservations, but he’d absolutely have a space available and to call the morning we were to arrive. We called, were told a space to fit our needs was available and to come on in. When we arrived, we were told by the manager that there were no spaces. My wife told him we spoke to someone in the office that morning and were told a space was available. “Oh. Well, that guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Let me see if maybe I have something.” We were what seemed almost reluctantly given a spot up the road in a portion of the park held over for workers using their RV as a residence. It was disgusting. What appeared to be dried up waste/toilet paper, etc., from a leak was covering most of the site next door. The sewer connection was set at an angle using a non threaded pipe, making it difficult to secure the sewer line. The water hookup was underground about two feet below the surface with stagnant water at the bottom. When we went to remove the hose in the morning, I was up to my elbow in standing water. I bleached everything even close to it. The 50/30 amp pedestal was old and could not handle a/c and a microwave at the same time without tripping the breaker. The site was not at all level and well, frankly, if it wasn’t for the fact that we were too tired to go searching for another place, we wouldn’t have stayed. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $39.00

We did a quick overnight here. The site was in a gravel parking area with water and electricity hookups. Can't remember if we had sewer, we didn't use. It is close to the highway with easy on and off. Restaurants in the area. Nothing special to look at (where we were) but definitely adequate for a quick overnight. Level drive-thru site, easy to get in and out. Friendly front desk. We have a 26' travel trailer. Cinco de Mayo mexican restaurant in next town over. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Falling Waters Campsite

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $40.00

Terrible. Roads to sites need a lot of work...dangerous for a rig our size 38ft. Rented as 50 amp, but only 30 amp side worked. No mowing had been done at all. Site was not level and did not fit our rig. Stream was full of garbage. No dump station. Would not stay there again. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $39.00

Do not stay here, what a waste of money. I called the day before to inquire about a site, they do not take reservations, I asked for a full hookup site, was assured I would get one. When I arrived was informed site had no sewer, also no dump station in park. First site I could not fit in, 2nd site a bit better. Wi-fi was bad, Cable was good, but you had to put a deposit of 50 dollars down. it was refundable upon return of the equipment. Site was pretty level, roads leading to the site terrible, a steep incline to come down to the site. Right beside a highway so constant road noise. The bathrooms were clean and warm. Would not stay here again. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $1.00

We called from the road last minute. I didn't want to do a 2nd WalMart night. They could accommodate us. Our site was by the highway in front of the campground. It was soggy and muddy from recent rains. Loud trucks/cars/ and motorcycles all night. Water and power were good. THERE IS NO DUMP STATION HERE. We had to travel the next day 60 miles to a truck stop to dump tanks. Although I appreciate having water and power for the night I would not return here, as it was the worst of all 14 campgrounds on our 4228 mile trip. Neighbors left beer cans both full and empty, ping pong balls and fireball candies for us. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Fifth Wheel.

by the highway

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

Very unlevel pull-thru site. Wifi and cable did not work even though we were told they "worked good". Overnight only and would not stay here again. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

P31

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $63.00

We had to camp in overflow area near road due to late arrival. Utilities great. Owner very pleasant. Very close to highway. We were able to refill propane tank. Also a U Haul facility. Good for one night stay near I-81. Pizza place delivered pizza to site. Would stay again if passing through area because it was very convenient. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

Overnight stay in a 40' MH; luckily we were put in one of the upper hill sites which was a pull-thru, on gravel, and fairly level. WiFi was non-existent and cable TV required a box; we could only get 1 channel OTA but since this was for 1 night it was OK. Staff very friendly but entrance to park office was not easy to find and had to drive over a rutted, steep drive. For the accommodations, it was a tad pricey. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $37.00

This campground is at the perfect halfway point for us when traveling from NY to/from NC. For us that goes a long way in compensating for the closeness of sites and less than perfect interior roads. They do seem to be in the process of fixing the roads and doing some updates/upgrades. The utilities work well here and the service has always been excellent. We will continue to stay here during our travels. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

This older Campground is situated on a hillside slope with sites carved out from what looks like an old orchard. Park roads pass next to your rig. I found navigating and manuevering quite difficult though the up and down gravel roads with frequent pits and ruts. Our site was located next to the exit road so we were treated to the sounds of the large Diesel pickups coming and going all evening. The 'Patio' side was 4' of sloping weed covered dirt ending at the edge of the gravel. Check in was not straightforward. Our 'RV' site was given to someone else. We were then provided a Class A, front in Site, even though we had told the Park when making the reservation we were a travel trailer. We were unable to disconnect as a result. There is no dump station at this campground. With many sites having only water and electric, this is a ridiculous omission. Site Utilities were older but functioned. I had no problems with 50A or water. Washing machines and dryers are very old and dirty. $1.75 ea, however campers we talked to indicated the dryers were pathetic. Overall, this is more of a campground vs. an RV Park, barely adequate for a night. I would not recommend this Park. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

Other

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $37.00

Nice person at check-in, however my site was difficult to get in to, rough, uneven, etc. I knew this place would NOT be to my liking the moment I parked. Across the small stream, there were 2 - 3 groups of men standing around with music playing loudly, all drinking beer and staring at us. I called office later early evening re: the wi-fi, and got a recording. Hoped someone would be there later on, after 10:00 when the noise (loud talking, laughing, loud music) continued...no answer, no one came around to check on the CG..noise and disruption continued until 1:00 am or later...VERY IRRITATING. I never went to the bathroom or shower, as the path leading up to them was rocky, steep and uneven..I had just had knee surgery, and couldn't do the uphill climb on such a treacherous path. It didn't look too appealing anyway. NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN! We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

We were on our way home after a five week trip to the Great Lakes and didn't realize it was Memorial weekend. Could not find anywhere to stay, but luckily, the policy of this place does not take advance reservations, so we called the day we planned to arrive and they were able to accommodate us for two nights. The site we were assigned was right by the busy road and was down in a grassy gully by a little stream that looked scary and pretty muddy with all the rain, but we were able to just barely get our trailer situated around the trees. We got mud all over our truck and trailer when leaving the next day as it rained overnight and made the site even muddier. These sites could stand to have some gravel added to keep the mud down. The water did not work at our site, but we still had water on board and were only there for two nights so it wasn't a problem. We did have good wi-fi here and AT&T cell service. I don't think the sites down by the little creek in the front had cable hookups, but we didn't need any as we rarely watch TV while camping. The road noise was loud all day and night, but we ran our fans and put in ear plugs at night, so we were able to get a good night's sleep. Looks like most of the campground is occupied by full timers living there, but was not a problem. We would stay here again for an overnight or two if in the area, but would hope to get a site away from the road. Also, with no sewer at our site, we weren't able to dump as they don't have a sanitary dump station, so this was not good for more than a couple of days. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

King's Pizza just down the road had good New York style pizza and the wings were good as well.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $27.00

One night's stay. It was stormy, but quiet in the park for an excellent night's sleep. Staff was very polite and helpful. The road behind the building down to our campsite#2 looked intimidating but worked out just fine. We weren't comfortable pulling our 40' Class A into the spot, but it was easy enough to back in. No reservations! Made us nervous, but they appear Abe to accommodate anyone who shows up. No fancy amenities, wouldn't want to stay long term. We camped at Falling Waters Campsite in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Went to Sheetz for diesel gas.... cheapest we found on the road!

Featured Campgrounds Near Falling Waters Campsite

Are you affiliated with Falling Waters Campsite ?