Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Milton, West Virginia

290 Fox Fire Road
Milton, West Virginia 25541

• Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?

Ask fellow campers about "Huntington / Fox Fire KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2019 - $42.00

Great campground - easy in and easy out. Sites were large and plenty of space between the sites (we were in a regular pull thru). Staff was very level. Staff was very welcoming and friendly at check in. Lots of trees for shade but not so many that our satellite did not work. All hook ups were good.The water pressure was good. Trash is picked up from the site before 11:00 each day. Good strength wifi. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $40.00

Let me start with the best part, the owners. We got set up and turned on the AC and the power pole circuit breaker tripped. Went to the office to get this fixed. The manager cancelled a birthday dinner with his wife to fix my problem, then checked the next day to insure all was OK. The interior roads are gravel as are the sites. Our site was long and level We were led to the site, which I always appreciate. The water pressure was good. Trash is picked up from the site before 11:00 each day. The bad, This is a 40 year old park. The non-premium sites are nose to toes. Very little space between units. Because our space was so long our neighbor parked as far forward in his spot and we were the same. The result was, we could go out the door without stepping into his unit. Our site had no shade. What grass there was, was dead. Wi-Fi was not usable. We were able to use our Verizon MiFi Jetpack. If you are coming in from Milton the turn into the park, while well marked, is almost a 180 turn. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $43.00

Site 8 is closest to camp office, is very level, and has great internet. The camp office has hot dogs, cheese, sodas, candy, and some other food items and knick-knacks. Highway noise was only noticeable when outside, and did not detract from the camp. Site 8 was roomier than most KOA sites with plenty of room, so we did not feel crowded. Owner explained how swimming hole was treated with AquaBlue to improve water quality. There was an off leash dog park, and was clean and free of poo-poo. We arrived 5 days before Pumpkin Festival, and camp store was surrounded by festive fall decorations. This KOA is much better than the average KOA and we will stay here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $45.00

People in the office are great and they escort you to your site. We've been here about 4 years ago for an overnight and it is a little worn. We had a pull thru site so we didn't disconnect the car and it was long enough, easy in out. As others have said the turn into the park is sharp and you do hear road noise. I did laundry, the floor was wet and then tracked with dirt from shoes. I don't know what to say about the green water in all the ponds. It did not look inviting to swim. Nice pet walks and a fenced in area. I thought I was told they could be off leash in the pet walk area ( they have 2) My dog was so happy to run. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $50.00

Stayed here Labor Day weekend and it is a very nice campground and staff were very friendly. Some areas of the campground were pretty tight and compact. We stayed toward the back grassy area and the sites were a little more spread out. The road noise at night was a little much but it is right beside the interstate so that was to be expected. Overall nice campground. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Grass

Blenko Glass Factory nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $47.00

I stopped by this KOA today to pick up a 2019 KOA Directory for my uncoming trip and realized that I had never been in the campground! We live 7 miles from it and just don't go to local campgrounds. We always get away at least a couple of hours so we feel like we have been somewhere. At any rate, I was impressed with the location and appearance of this KOA. We have stayed in several KOA's through the years in many different states. This one is different from many because it has large hardwood trees and a nice lake to swim or play in. The appearance of the place just make me want to go back with the camper!! The staff seemed very professional and we talked for a while even though I only came in for a directory. If all KOA's looked like this I would stay at them more. The location is very handy to the Huntington area and a large shopping mall. The park feels secure and well kept. What a jewel right in my own neighborhood. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $43.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. Easy on and off to highway but be careful of sharp turn into campground. Showers, WiFi, and laundry was good. Dog park with bags was enjoyed by our dog. Book exchange and dvd use was available in the office. Cable was good and no trouble with our satellite. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Walmart, restaurants and large mall was in nearby Barboursville. Charleston was 30 minutes but easy drive.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $47.00

Called for a spot the Saturday of a 4 day 4th of July weekend and lucky to get one for an overnight stay. Staff was helpful on the phone and in person. This place was packed for the holiday weekend and it looks like they pulled out all stops to provide a good weekend for their patrons. Great WiFi and plenty of over the air stations available. Just an overnight stop for us, but looks like one of the better ran KOAs we've seen. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $60.00

It stunk like sewage so bad! We stopped for a quick over night stay. We never unhooked from our truck. I picked a pull through site. We had to move 3 times because of our slide out and how tight the sites are. If you want to camp in an over packed parking lot, this campground is for you. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $50.00

Easy to find. Camper friendly route in to CG off of freeway with a very sharp turn in to the CG. Staff is great. Although CG is close to the highway it is surprisingly quiet. We were there for only 1 night so got the "basic" pull through. These sites are pretty tight. The patio sites looked very nice. I did not use bathhouse or laundry facilities but they looked clean and well maintained. Easy to navigate roads in CG with my 38' 5th wheel. I would stay here again. Walmart is next exit east on I-64. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $43.00

This campground is a fairly easy-on-easy-off of I-70 near Huntington, WV, though the access road is a bit tricky. Because of the proximity to the Interstate there is a fair amount of traffic noise as well as sounds from occasional nearby freight trains. The campground seemed very well maintained with a few seasonal residents. One of the laundry rooms was being used for several hours by a woman who apparently provided a washing & drying service for other campers - though she did let me use two of the machines when requested. A good place for an overnight. We would stay here again if our travels took us through the area. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $73.00

I wish I could use some of the staffs names, this KOA is a hidden jewel we stayed in a deluxe patio sight, it had rained before we arrived, and you could get in and out with no trouble. The staff was OUTSTANDING they checked on us 3 times to make sure our Sat was working, they even came by and took a letter from us to be mailed, very easy to get around, then turn to get in a wild just take your time, if we are ever back it the area we will stay here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Great park 4 miles to town was here during the Pumpkin festival

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed three nights because of Hurricane Florence. It happened to be KOA member appreciation weekend so we got one night free. Extremely nice park. Level site, helpful staff and excellent cable TV. The wifi, however, came and went depending of the time of day. Restrooms were very clean. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

Over night stay, not really big rig friendly, but doable. Have stayed here before. Dirt and gravel pad, mowing grass right next to our motorhome. Seems that would of been done prior to our arrival. Good power, water, sewer. Restaurants, mall, Walmart about 15 minutes away. Not a destination campground in my mind, but works for over night stop. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

I am picky about how I am treated when I check in and counter staff was not so nice.The lady earlier in the day by phone was super nice, but guess her shift ended. Definitely not a resort but okay for overnight stay. Packed in tight. Rain the day before left a lot of mud, all sites need new gravel. Fairly level pull through. Considering how close we were, other campers were courteous and not too loud. Grandkids swam in the pond, but wondered about the safety of the water. Probably wouldn't stop here again. We camped at Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Huntington / Fox Fire KOA

Are you affiliated with Huntington / Fox Fire KOA ?