8.5 Excellent

Rustic Barn RV Park

Kieler, Wisconsin

3854 Dry Hollow Rd
Kieler, Wisconsin 53812

• Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Rustic Barn RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $55.00

Nice park. We stayed in a pull-thru side by side. It was close but worked for the one night. We stayed We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $43.00

Great people very friendly. Park small but very well maintained. Would definitely return We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $35.00

The Park owner is about the nicest person you will ever meet. We spoke on the phone before arriving and he helped us back into our site when we arrived. A genuinely nice person who made us feel welcome. We did have a heavy thunderstorm with high wind during our stay and the owner was immediately out checking on the sites and helping out campers if needed. We have not seen that level of service at many parks we visited. The park is clean and the gravel site (#36) was level with a mix of sun and shade. It was a bit tight backing our 43 ft 5th wheel into the space, but the owner was very helpful. The width of the gravel is just over the width of our rig, so it was hard to avoid cutting into the grass. The view was of the farmers field and that was nice when we sat outside. We had great satellite reception and the wifi internet speed is way above average. The water, electric and sewer were way in the back of the site. My 50 ft water line was sufficient as was my 50ft electric line. I did need two 10 foot extensions on top of my 20 foot sewer line to reach the connection (as did some other RVers near us), so make sure you have long enough lines. I did need to buy a sewer extension and they had them in the store.... at the same price as Walmart. Overall we had a very nice stay. Plenty of space to walk our dog and every night we had a nice sunset. There are farms all around, so there were quite a few gnats, but we used repellent and it was fine. The location is just off the highway, the drive to Dubuque is only 15 minutes and it is not far from Field of Dreams. If we come to the Dubuque area in the future, we will definitely stay here again. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

For a great breakfast or lunch, go to Katina's Kitchen in Dickeyville (about 4 miles away). The food is very good for a reasonable price.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $35.00

Quick overnight -- attractive park with trees and grass. Excellent wifi; thanks! We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Featured Campgrounds Near Rustic Barn RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $55.00

Very clean, very helpful staff, only issue was the gnats. Very wet spring. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

This was my first campground stay in my Class C Forest River Sunseeker. I had just purchased the unit in September. I was pretty nervous about backing in to my spot, but before I could even ask for help, they offered to have their guy guide me in and help me park! Very friendly, and I can't wait to go back. Took a nice walk around, and took in a nice sunset. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $47.00

Just here for an overnight - fairly easy access off US-151, just a little road noise occasionally. Great hosts, well kept park. The sites are “shared”, meaning the front of your RV faces the next one, with a small strip of grass between. Site was pretty level - didn’t need leveler blocks at all. They have picnic tables at either end so it helps with separation a bit. Lots of things for kids to do, although we didn’t have the grands with us on this trip. Overall a great little park - you can tell ownership/management care. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

Nice small park - great sites - full hook ups - clean - quiet and restful. Owners are really helpful, near the Mississippi, Dubuque and Platteville. Visited Potosi Brewing Company just a few miles away. Both pull thru and back in lots but no problem for our 38 ft 5th wheel. Off the beaten path but close to a major highway with easy access. We will stay again. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Potosi Brewery, Mississippi River and gambling casinos in Dubuque. Call in advance.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

A one night stay on way farther north. On duty hostess very efficient and nice. Roads are navigable but not a lot of leeway. Site was sufficiently long but somewhat narrow. Pretty close quarters to neighbors. Site was basically level (gravel). Pretty setting as has been said. Also previously mentioned was the cow smell, it's there but not knockdown bad. I would stay here again but probably not for an extended period of time. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $47.00

This is a very nice quiet campground. Staff is very friendly and we had out choice of sites. They have some sites called buddy or neighbor sites which is pull thru sites going in opposite directions so you are not looking at your neighbors sewer hook up. Great little store. Close to several larger cities. The Potosi brewery is a great local trip and less than 20 miles from Dubuque and the Mississippi River. So nice my wife's parents decided to camp there for a week. We will go back soon. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Dubuque has shopping and casinos - Plus the Mississippi river and boating.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

What a little piece of heaven this is just our kind of place... tucked away, tranquil, beautiful scenery and the owners and staff are as nice and accommodating as they can be. We will certainly be back if in the area and we will become your best commercial. Hats off to y'all. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

This is a fantastic campground. There are just two reasons I didn't rate it a 10 but I'll get into that later. The owner is a very friendly and helpful owner. He keeps a meticulously clean campground especially the bathrooms. The sites are fairly level, but bring some blocking in case you need to tweak your units levelness. All the back into sites have a concrete pad, picnic table and fire ring. From the side of the concrete pad to the gravel edge of the next site is over 20 feet away so there is lots of room between the sites. There is poor digital TV in the area so if you have a dish, use it. WiFi is very good. There are two things that I thought should be addressed. First, this is a perfect park for a swimming pool. During the time we were there, 10 days, it was in the 90's so a pool would have been quite welcomed. Secondly the signage leading to the park is missing. When we arrived the owner told us he was going to address this problem, but after our 10 day stay they still were not posted on the roads to make finding the place easier. All in all you can't go wrong with staying in the park. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

There is way to much to do in this area to discuss here but take in the Marine Museum in Dubuque and drive down to Galina, Ill. Its a very interesting city.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

We stayed here several years ago and there have been MANY improvements with the sites since then like adding sewer and widening the sites. This is a great location in the tri-state area and it's extremely quiet with pretty views of the next door dairy farm. As others have said, the owner is extremely friendly. The person working the desk the day we came in was extremely slow. My husband came looking for me after he unhooked our car wondering what was taking so long. They changed our spot after I asked for a satellite friendly spot and I had to go back to the office another day to get my refund. Seemed odd, but worked out. Other than a slow front desk, the park is run very well and there's a lot of pride in ownership. We did enjoy the games that they had set up on the lawn like ladder golf. It was a nice touch. We will definitely come back. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check out the lock and dam on the Mississippi River. Very interesting and a beautiful view.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Nice very well keep park. We stayed on lot 18 and had a great view of a dairy farm. There is lots to do and see in the area. If the wind is right you can get a whiff of cow but this is Wisconsin....the dairy state. We will stay here again. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $43.00

This is a very interesting campground with farm and cattle on one side and housing on the other. There are a lot of activities for kids of all ages, but no pool. There is even a rustic looking small chapel. There are a variety of campsite options, some with patios. We were in a side by side site that would be too chummy if the place were packed. Road noise was minimal. WIFI was fast and reliable. The wind direction carried the fragrance of dairy air into the campground. Rustic Barn CG was a bit pricey for our needs as an overnight stay, but would be fun for a family gathering. We camped at Rustic Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Convenient to Dubuque.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rustic Barn RV Park

Are you affiliated with Rustic Barn RV Park ?