5.9 Average

Rock Springs / Green River KOA

Rock Springs, Wyoming

86 Foothill Boulevard
Rock Springs, Wyoming 82901

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes

Ask fellow campers about "Rock Springs / Green River KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $45.00

Busy campground, close to I-80 and next to an oil storage facility where almost all sites are gravel/rock. Entrance road is paved but all interior roads are gravel. We stayed one night this year and one night last year. It does seem to be less dusty this year than last. Many spots are buddy sites that face each other. I am not a fan of this arrangement and paid extra for an end site. There is a nice store with all of the basics. The laundry facility is clean and has 6 washers and 6 dryers ($2.50 for washer, $2.50 for dryer). There is an exercise room with one treadmill, one stationary bike, and one elliptical machine. There is a pool and playground and a dog park. Highway noise was not an issue. Long term residents are in a separate area at the rear of the park. Overall, it is OK for a night or two but I wouldn't want to stay for any length of time. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Walmart, Flying J, Grocery stores are all nearby. The Flaming Gorge Recreation Area is beautiful.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $58.00

Gravel and mud throughout the campground.The row of our sites was set up so that your leisure side of your RV was facing your neighbor's leisure side also. The picnic tables were right next to each other. Picnic table had a broken seat that had obviously been broken a long time. Heavy traffic from long term campers going and coming to work. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

The Wild Stallion loop was long and somewhat disappointing. We saw only 12 horses on the 20+ mile loop

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $48.00

We stayed here two nights. The campground is all gravel and sites are fairly close together but workable for all sizes of RVs. Office staff was helpful with area restaurant suggestions and things to visit in the area. It is handy off I-80. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Restaurants in town are 3-4 miles away. Flaming Gorge National Rec Area is a 50-mile drive to the south but very pretty. DInosaur National Monument is south about 80 miles.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $57.00

We had a full hook up Patio site we stayed for 4 nights. I would recommend this KOA there were a lot of transients as it is a good place in the middle to get places. The roads were oiled as they are all gravel. the sites them selves are not oiled and are dusty. We booked a patio site for that reason we were there multiple nights and wanted the extra privacy and the extra wind protection. Patio sites have fences around site concrete patio, patio table, and fire pit other sites do not have fire pits. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Spacious, Nearby

If longer than one night must drive the Wild Horse loop rd. we saw alot of wild horses you need to get off the main rd take some of the two rut rds and venture out, we saw horses, elk and antelope.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rock Springs / Green River KOA

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

Did a one night stay on the way west. We had a buddy site with our travel partners so that was nice. Our site was a pull through with room for our tow vehicle and 28 foot 5th Wheel. All gravel sites that were long but with the buddy sites our opposite door side slide out was within a few feet of our neighbors slide. It was worth it to us to have the buddy sites but just information travelers. Would stop there again going through. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $42.00

This is a very busy park off I-80. It is far enough from the highway that traffic noise is not a real issue. With the exception of a few spaces all the sites are gravel and are fairly level. The main entrance road is asphalt and all the other roads are gravel but they have been treated with something to hold down the dust. One feature I like was that all the long term camper were in another area from the short term folks. While we did not use them, the swimming pool and laundry appeared to be clean and well maintained. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Good place to stock up if you are in need of groceries as there is a Albertson's, Smith's and Walmart here. If you are looking for a yummy breakfast check out Cowboy Donuts.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $48.00

Front Desk girl was very friendly. They have a person who guides you to your site which was nice. The dog area is good & well kept...there's a sandy area and a grassy area. The whole place looks very well kept. If windy it can kick up some dust though, so just something to be aware of that we'd noted. Some sites had privacy fences. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $41.00

This is one of the best KOA experiences we have had. Pleasant check in. I made my reservation by phone about a week before arriving and asked for a site that does not face my neighbors door (which most of these sites do.) They honored my request by putting us at an end site. Check in included two nice sized chocolate chip cookies. Our site was level but a tad short, and if we had kept the truck attached to the fifth wheel, we would have stuck out a bit too far. This was not a problem since we wanted to explore the area. Only negative we cold see is that the sewer is too high which made arranging our drains to go down hill. This campground has many amenities. A clean but small pool was popular. Clean restrooms, and a large well appointed laundry. They even had a small exercise room. Seasonal campers are totally separated from the rest of the park and have their own restrooms and even wifi. The tent areas are very interesting. Each site is walled in on four sides by high wooden fences which helps deflect the winds, a real benefit for tenters. Roads are gravel but treated with some liquid that prevents dust. I was very impressed with this well run campground and would definitely stay again. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Did the loop around the Flaming Gorge and also drove the wild horse loop.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $40.00

Good over night stop and a free cookie to boot We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $47.00

Needed a stop between Denver and Salt Lake City. This was more than half way, but had better reviews than the half way park. People at the desk are terrific ... anyone who will give me a cookie has my undying gratitude. The sites are nose to tail so you share a good side and don't look at your neighbors water and sewer hookups. I wish more parks were that way. Yes, dirt and gravel ... 7000 feet in elevation. Grass for the dogs in a dog run. I think it's a bit high, but I would stay again we're I passing through. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $47.00

This is our second visit to this park for an overnight stop, and it seemed somewhat cleaner than before. It has a nice long and wide entrance with easy access off I-80. It has gravel roads and pads that were fairly smooth and level. Our site had a table (although it was pretty beat up) and a wind-break fence on one side. We would ask for an unfenced site next time because it made the site somewhat narrow and difficult to access the basement compartments. The trees are small so no satellite issues. It is a little expensive but convenient, so we would stay here again. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Site 37

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $49.00

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. Dusty place, but you are in the desert. K9 run was nice for the dogs. Close to I-80. Walmart is only 5 minutes away to stock up. No grass for the dogs except in the K9 run. Propane was $4.09/gallon. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Full hook up

Walmart has the cheapest liquor in the area.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $47.00

We have been here many times before, because it fits in my daily driving distance. If you get a site facing away from the highway there is a nice view of the mountains. The power and water seem new. The dog park is big and has grass; it's clean and well kept. The place generally looks much better than before, with patio site with wind breaks. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $48.00

As with all KOA RV parks this year, this was terrible value for money. This is basically a dirt and crushed rock lunar landscape throughout the park and there is no definition between the interior roads, RV sites, and every area inside the park. When it rains, and it did constantly during our overnight stay, the rainwater doesn't drain through the rock base. Rather it sits on top and the dirt surface turns to mud. That meant every time we stepped into our RV or car our shoes were caked in mud. The WiFi didn't automatically connect, so they sent a member of staff, who couldn't work it out. but the signal bar was so low it didn't matter. The cable was like snow, the same staff member tried to fix that too, without success. He said it's usually a bit better than that! Like not heavy blizzard snow picture, just regular snow picture. Train and highway noise. I would never stay here again, their mall would be better, at least its tarmac. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

LvR

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

The campground is easy access from I-80 with gravel roads throughout and sites that are gravel. The CG is located in an area that can be quite windy and that made it very dusty while we were there. We drive a 45 foot MH and we were able to navigate the CG without difficulty, although our coach just fit into the site we were assigned. We removed the car after we pulled into our site and parked across the street. The sites and surrounding area are gravel and level. There are a few fences placed throughout the sites which helps a bit with the blowing wind. The utilities are placed mid-site and worked well. Satellite reception was good. We did not try OTA channels and also did not use the Wi-Fi. Verizon signal was adequate for gentle internet surfing. We did not use the laundry or rest rooms so cannot comment on that. They do have a small dog park area for playing with the dog. We would stay here again if we were in the area. We camped at Rock Springs / Green River KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Take a trip to Flaming Gorge while you are there.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rock Springs / Green River KOA

Are you affiliated with Rock Springs / Green River KOA ?