8 Good

Sheridan, Wyoming

1105 Joe St
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Peter D's RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $37.00

Peter D's is the place to stay in Sheridan. We stayed 9/25 & just loved our stay. CG owner couldn't be any nicer & takes pride in his park. The park is immaculate & smartly laid out. We utilized the huge fenced in dog park. All utilities worked as they should and sites were long, level, and gravel. We would like to return and spend more time in Sheridan and we will definitely return to Peter D's! We camped in a 44' motorhome. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $35.00

Very well run RV park in a charming community, just off the freeway. The friendly hosts will sometimes give you a packet of herbs from their garden or salad. A very nice touch. Driving around the park, we noticed that the rigs are really packed in, very close together, especially with our slides coming out, which was the only negative. The park is absolutely firm on their check out time and you may even have the owner at your door if not out by 11 a.m. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $37.00

This was the cleanest and neatest RV park that we have ever used in several years of RV travel. The owner does have some rules to keep it that way. They clean the bathrooms and laundry every hour. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Historic downtown Sheridan is just a few blocks away and not to be missed.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $40.00

Stayed at Peter D's for 2 nights in July. The park is conveniently located and relatively quiet. Our reason for staying here was all the good reviews that they have. Unfortunately that was not our experience. First, despite the fact that the park is very clean, the sites are crammed together and if you want to sit outside, you are literally sitting next to your neighbor's sewer connection. If you have a neighbor forget about opening your awnings Second the "friendly" owner was not what we found. We have a 45 ft. motorhome that requires 50 amps on a hot day. When we pulled into the park it was around 90F and with the A/C running the 50 amp breaker tripped when my wife stared cooking. I walked over to the office to tell the owner. His response was to yell at me and tell me that my coach was defective because that breaker had been installed for 18 years and has never had a problem. He then proceeded to tell me that he was not going to pay an electrician to replace it so we could just leave if we could not make it work. So, we shut most of the A/C down and made it work until we left. I would not stay at this park again as another park down the road looks to be very nice as well. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Peter D's RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $32.00

Sites a little close but nice park We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $25.00

The owner keeps a tight rein on the park, which is a good thing. He keeps the park immaculate, constantly monitoring the grounds and not abiding with folks deviating from the restrictions. The owner is an animal lover and can often be seen cuddling up to the furry residents. If there is one negative it's that the sites are narrow and close together, but with so many activities in the area one doesn't spend much time in the park. Our daily rate is based on the monthly rate. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Great shopping and eating in historic downtown Sheridan. Shell Falls is a nice attraction about an hour west of Sheridan. Grocery shopping is limited pretty much to Walmart, Albertson's, and a small Ridley's. There is a nice RV supply store in town.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $42.00

It has been a long, long time since I've been in a campground that is as tight and close as this one. The interior roads are spacious but the sites are as wide as the tires on my rig. The space between sites is awful. My neighbors had their awning out and a dog pen set up which meant I could not walk around my driver's side without ducking under my slide. The sites were plenty long so we did not have to worry about parking the truck behind our 42' motorhome. I not only was very disappointed with my site - some semblance of privacy and space is very important to me - but to top that off the owner was very rude and confrontational when I backed my truck into my site instead of pulling in. He said it wasn't safe for me to pull out vs backing out and yelled at me for "having a problem" with that even though I never said a word to him. Pretty obvious I will never go back there. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Great breakfast at the Cowboy Cafe downtown - and I do mean great!

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $40.00

I hate to go against most of the reviews for this park. I should say we are in a 45' motorhome towing a full size pickup, which we mention up front when making all reservations. After a very sharp incline turning onto the road the campground is on, no fault of the campground, we drug our rear end. Then we pulled into the park, my wife went in to check in, and all of a sudden an old pickup came around my right side, thought it was going to hit me, cut across the front, parked and a guy jumped out and gestured wildly to move up, move up! So I did, but I have to mention, there was no one behind me, or trying to get around me. OK. Then we are assigned a site which when we get to it, we decide we have to unhook, as the sites are so close together, our neighbor pulled in his awning as he was afraid we might hit it pulling in. We unhooked, pulled in, adjusted in our site and as we were trying to get the electric hooked up, it was 95 degrees outside, the same guy roars up in his pickup, says oh wow, maybe I should put you in another site????? But in the meantime please move your truck off the road ASAP! Now mind you our truck is off to the side of at least a double wide road, not blocking anyone, so we do. I can't describe how close these sites are to one another, he crammed in as many sites as he possibly could in the room he has. Now I will say the park is kept immaculate, tidy, neat, and the dog run looks very nice. But wow, we won't be back, way, way too tight for our rig! We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $39.00

We stayed one night on our way home from Washington. A basic campground, gravel and the sites are very close together. But there is a fenced dog park and a large open area to play with your dogs, which is very welcome for us. The facilities were clean and updated. The owner is very very nice; sent us to a very good local restaurant; told us where Walmart was located; where to get cheaper fuel and was very warm and welcoming. The park is right off the highway and very convenient. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $42.00

Although close to the interstate there was no traffic noise. The owners were great and helpful with recommendations for places to see and eat. The park was very clean and quiet with all pull thru spaces. The sites were very well maintained with grass and picnic tables at each site. Easy access. The only negative is the sites were a little closer together than some but would definitely stay here again. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Wyoming Rib and Chop was a great place to eat just up the road from RV Park. Food was great! Recommend reservations as this is a popular place to eat.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $38.00

We found this park on Campground Reviews at the last minute due to a change in plans on our way to Yellowstone NP. It is a hidden gem in Sheridan. Sites 1-5 are reserved for last minute and late arrivals. The owner was on site and was very helpful. He even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer at a local restaurant due to the lateness of the day. Level sites with full hook ups, easy in and out off of I-90. Nothing fancy, but clean and just fine for an overnight stay. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Try Wyoming's Rib and Chop House on 5th St, just a short distance from the park. We had a coupon for a free appetizer, which was listed as $12 on the menu, and was delicious, as was the entre we each had.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $41.00

Pros; Owners are awesome and they offer homemade canned goods for sale, along with pottery and other local fair. There's a brand new dog run that is large enough for a herd of cattle. The grounds are well cared for and clean. Cons; the spaces are so close that we were a little fearful of our slides hitting the neighbors. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $39.00

Very friendly owner, best we have ever encountered. Gave fresh, free vegetables, and several info brochures on local and state places of interest, and suggestion on place for dinner with card for free appetizers. Long, level pull through. Easy hook-ups, cable with 11 stations, and well as open view to the sky for satellite. Pretty area with trees and grass in center area. Wifi that is fast. Strong Verizon signal. Easy in and out and close to I-90, but noise not distracting. Great place we would happily stay longer and again. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Convenient overnight stop for us. We have stayed here several times over the years. All utilities worked well. Laundry room is clean and machines worked well. Plenty of room for dog walking. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The free veggies were delicious!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $38.00

The owner and his wife are great; have stayed there several times. Everything works great. If you need anything just ask them. The owner takes any mail to the post office every day. Nice clean park, restroom are spotless. We camped at Peter D's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sheridan is a fun town to visit, many great sights.

Featured Campgrounds Near Peter D's RV Park

Are you affiliated with Peter D's RV Park ?