Cross post reviews to other sites?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Goshawk, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

What is the idea about cross posting reviews to other sites, and referencing "originally posted in campgroundreviews.com" ? Have found other web sites that allow more planning tools in different context. Lots of ways to be competitive, but at the same time joining together resources. If you cross post to GOOGLE reviews, and mention RVPARKREVIEWS would that not be a good thing? Or YELP or TRIPADVISOR?

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm not sure what you mean by crossposting. All the other sites you mentioned require that reviewers post reviews through their own user accounts. I'm not aware of any mechanism by which sites can directly input reviews to other sites.

Furthermore, a site's reviews are its intellectual property. Why would one site want to share that with competitors for free?

3. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

actually site reviews are crowd sourced data contributed by the general public, as a terms of service of using that web site. Why would that want to share, instead of building more walls? to drive traffic back to their site. In a world where everyone is aggressive competition, no full winners for customers. In a world where people share some (not all data) then you get more traffic. Example: say every review of a google RV park says (original information in RV PARK REVIEWS), you can bet that RV PARK REVIEWS traffic doubles; and maybe Google wants to buy them for $10 Million some day. Thats why. But maybe am ignorant of RV PARK REVIEWS looking for more traffic eyeballs, and that will not work.

Have embedded links for Youtube in many emails and comments. Having an embeded link back to RV REVIEWS would be cool.

#3 Goshawk, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

God, if RVparkreviews were purchased by Google, I'd RUN as fast as possible to some other site! They gather do much data on us already, I cringe to think what they would gather if this were to happen!

Imagine, you put in a review that says: " my dogs didn't like the dog park because of too many thorns" .Next time you visit the site, you get ads for dog food and dog booties! Ugh!

-- Chris g.

BankShot likes this.
  5. Goshawk

Goshawk
    Expand Collapse

am sure your browser is already doing this. Use ABLOCK PLUS. Lol