RV Mattress

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by ctravelgal01, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ctravelgal01

ctravelgal01
    Expand Collapse

Our RV mattress is very uncomfortable; I bought a 3 inch topper 18 months ago but it's obvious we just need a new one. CampWorld and a few other RV dealers in town don't have sample for us to try. I need some recommendations for the best brand/type of RV Mattress; we need a Queen Short. We use our Travel
    Trailer between 30-75 nights per year.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We bought a 2'' queen size foam topper from Kohls dept store in 2011 when we bought our hybrid trailer. Our bunk ends close up when traveling so between trips we roll up the foam topper and use 2 bungees to keep it rolled up. Topper is still in great shape and sleeps well.

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Mike

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

We just bought a regular full mattress to replace our old one a couplof years ago. I think we need to get a box-spring too, because it's still too hard.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Recently we purchased a latex topper for our our short queen mattress. There are lots of reasons we chose to go with latex, rather than the more common memory foam. It wasn't inexpensive, but it was almost as if we had bought a totally new mattress. Unlike memory foam, latex bounces back and provides gentle support for your entire body. We had purchased latex pillows a year ago and our experience with those prompted us to try latex in the topper.

Here's what we bought: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EK0E3X6/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paythebill likes this.
  5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We recently replaced the queen mattress in our coach with a Spring Air and we love it. We prefer a firm mattress and our original one had lost most all of it's "firm" after just a few short years. We found out early on that the mattress was not all that thick and it was not a higher quality one either, guess that's where the builder of the coach saved a buck or three. Anyway, investing in a good quality mattress certainly gave us a mo betta night's sleep and we are glad we did so.............

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Rivercityjeff

Rivercityjeff
    Expand Collapse

Zinus: either from Amazon or go to Zinus.com, sign up and wait for them to send you discount codes for up to 40% off.

7. Josh Z

Josh Z
    Expand Collapse

Been using zinus for 4 years now and still no problems with it.

8. Happy Camper 19

Happy Camper 19
    Expand Collapse

I had the same problem finding a comfortable queen short for our motorhome. Sleep Number actually sells a queen short for RV's and it works perfect.

9. Jackie4Hits

Jackie4Hits
    Expand Collapse

I would probably do a cheap foam setup 3" of HD36-HQ from FBM topped with 2" of your choice of 5# memory foam. 3" of a firm latex with 2" of a medium might not be too bad.

10. solo_rider

solo_rider
    Expand Collapse

Maybe that's not that useful, but we had a similar problem with our previous vehicle - after taking some measurements, we realized that a standard mattress would hang over too far off of the bed platform. So we went to a mattress manufacturer locally, and they made a mattress for our class A short queen. All they did was take a standard queen and shorten it.

11. hammerlocke

hammerlocke
    Expand Collapse

Where can I look for one? I want to replace the roll-on comforter that I've been using.

12. jfak7670

jfak7670
    Expand Collapse