Victoria Day

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fun finders, May 16, 2019.

1. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

This upcoming weekend marks the opening day of the camping season in Canada. We’ve had our trailer parked for the last 6 months,can’t wait to get it out and start using it again. We have a site booked at a Provincial Park (Falcon Lake in the Whiteshell) for the weekend, wondering what our fellow Canadian members have planned for the first long weekend of summer?

Paythebill likes this.
  2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I hope the weather around Winnipeg is more favourable than it is here near Banff! Snow is expected. The campground we are at right now (Bow River near Canmore) is packed already...and there a good number of hardy folks in tents!! I saw lots of large campfires last night. Just the thought of having to get up in the cold makes me shiver!!

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We're not going to begin our Canadian journey this year until close to Canada Day. A couple of years ago we started around Victoria Day and decided it was still way too cold for our fair weather bodies!

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Depending on what part of Canada you want to visit, early June gets warm. Around the eastern slope of the Rockies, July and the first part of August are usually hot. Early fall is my favorite as you get nice warm days but cooler evenings and nights.

As well, July and August is prime vacation time. I strongly suspect you have a well; planned schedule though. Where are planning to head?

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We're heading to the Maritime Provinces where June can be rather chilly. For example, this week in Charlottetown the temps will be in the 40's and low 50's with rain! July should be nicer.

We're planning on spending July and August on PEI where we've been before and have friends at a pleasant family-run CG on the east side of the island where tourists rarely go!

In late July we're going to leave the MH at the CG and take the car for a 2-week jaunt to Newfoundland. We've not been there and people tell us that it's a marvelous place--nice people and beautiful scenery. It's probably too late to see an iceberg, but you never know!

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

NICE!! We hope to be there in two to three years as we slowly move east. I look forward to following your tracks! Enjoy.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.