" Shor Be Quiet Lately "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jul 7, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Boy, are it quiet around here lately or what.......... o_O If I didn't know mo betta I'd be thinking that everyone is out & about doing what we all do best. Yep, that's probably what's going on................:D

Drive safely everyone and enjoy your trips to the max.............. INDEED!!!

BankShot.................(aka Terry)

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Yep, we're still at a NY state park enjoying the peace and quiet of the 4th here. Tomorrow we head back to upstate NY for a few weeks before maybe heading to Michigan to visit friends.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We here at Knoebels in PA, poured rain about 1hr after we pulled in. Kind of quiet here too as most of the holiday folks have left.

Improving weather coming, should be a good week! :cool:

Mike

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We're on Prince Edward Island enjoying having to use heat most nights. We just came in from our nightly campfire with our friends. In two weeks we're taking the CR-V to Newfoundland for a couple of weeks.

5. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am with my wife and our youngest son and his wife up in Atlin, British Columbia. The smoke from all the fires in Alaska and the Yukon have drifted down this way making it hard to see the surrounding mountains. A bit ironic since we thought we would get away from the inevitable fires that start down south and smoke everything up there. And it has been warmer here than down south as well. What an upside down world.:rolleyes:

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We are still hanging out in the Bow Valley of Alberta. I can say that “I’m done with rain”!! Enough already!! It’s like we are living ing a rain forest again. This is so unusual for this time of year.

On an up note, we are not suffering from smoke and the temps are fine.

Wishing everyone safe travels and good weather.

Darrell

7. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Just got back from a ten day tour of Minnesota, so back to work for a couple weeks before we head out for another two weeks. As for the weather its been stink hot. We were supposed to get a thunderstorm today, the clouds came in, dropped just enough rain to dirty up the truck I just finished washing. That Mother Nature what a ......

8. ctravelgal01

ctravelgal01
    Expand Collapse

Got home on July 5 just in time to feel the 7.1 earthquake centered in Ridgecrest CA. We have been on the road for a month visiting Mount Rushmore, Glacier National Park etc; had a great trip but one of our dogs died in Buffalo WY. I think I posted a review of every place we stayed but only got photos for about 8. We will only be home for two weeks and then we will head out for Oregon and Washington with our granddaughter- can't wait to hear what everyone is doing this summer.

9. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to hear about your dog,

Darrell

Jason Goodwin and Paythebill like this.
  10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

X2 sorry to hear about your dog.

Sounds like your granddaughter is very lucky to have Rving grandparents, Have a fun & safe trip! :cool:

Mike

11. ctravelgal01

ctravelgal01
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Darrell and Mike for your kind words about the loss of our dog. Looking forward to spending two weeks with our granddaughter in the RV - will try and take more photos of the campsites to post.

12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Ditto what Darrell and Mike said ctravelgal01. We have traveled with our 6 pound Chihuahua since we started RVing and it just wouldn't be the same without her. My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. Nice to have you on the forum and will look to hear more from you down the road. Travel safely always.................

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

13. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Very sorry for the loss of the family dish licker mate they are part of the family aren't they.......Been working A LOT of late but 2 week trip to Sydney including beach driving, Harbour cruising and other family stuff coming in Spring thats September here in the land down under....report to follow:D

In the mean time my boys and I are getting away for a ride on the Brisbane Valley Rail trail and some country camping.
    http://www.brisbanevalleyrailtrail.com.au

#13 Jason Goodwin, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  14. Patchesrv618

Patchesrv618
    Expand Collapse

We are planning an Atlantic Provinces trip next year and are looking for first hand advise and reviews, Campground’s, places to eat interesting sites

Paythebill likes this.
  15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Patchesrv618, Welcome to the forum!

3 yrs ago we spent a week at PEI, just enough time to get our feet wet but absolutely loved the Province.

We stayed at Cavendish Campground for us we really cant think of any cons, campground is located in a touristy/upscale area but has a setting on the ocean and located far away from traffic. Campground has beach and bay access, super clean, maintained. Lots of scenic walking, biking trails at the campground, really enjoyable if your into that stuff.

Thunder Cove Beach is worth a visit, As far as restaurants, Blue Mussel Cafe in North Rustico is a must stop.

Hopefully some others will chime in!

Crossing the confederation bridge to PEI is an experience in it's self :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.