"How About Our Growth!!!"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Nov 17, 2019.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yes, we have next August booked again... love those sunsets!

Paythebill likes this.
  2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I guess you have 2 types of people

The one that books a week or two out only to stay a weekend and money is no object
    The other one at least turns back in some of the days at a later time.

I think I remember some of the popular government campgrounds requesting that you have to call if you don't show up on you reservation date, I'm thinking this is to curtail the cheating?... whether it is enforced or not is another thing.

I have gotten a few reservations on some very popular goverment campgrounds during prime time on the discards of others, still its a PITA checking every night looking for the openings

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

One tip for ReserveAmerica... If the park where you want a site shows as full the moment the reservation window opens, try back again in 15 minutes. Some folks use multiple connections to try for multiple sites at the same time. If they hit on more than one, they pick their preference and the hold on the others expires in 15 minutes. We've gotten into several popular state parks that way over the years.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I think after reading some of the posts above regarding the "trickery" being played to secure good sites in the better parks and campgrounds, that I am going to look into buying up a few dozen sites in a bunch of those parks the minute reservations open up. And then from there I'll start a "scalper's column" on CR and sell them to the highest bidders. Yeah, that's my ticket to fame and fortune in my retirement years..........INDEED!!!............:D

BankShot............(aka Slick Terry)

Paythebill, Fun finders and mdcamping like this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The scalpers used to do exactly that some years ago, but the parks and RA have clamped down on it as best they can by requiring ID's, etc. I expect they'll eventually come up with some additional limitations to minimize the tricks, but it'll be difficult to differentiate between tricksters and legitimate schedule changers. When you're booking 10-11 months out, some changes are inevitable. When making our winter reservations, I ran into a minor issue where I needed to shorten one reservation by one day to fit in a full two weeks at another park, both on RA. The system wouldn't let me book the two week stay until I first shortened the other stay when it detected the overlap. That would at least prevent anyone from booking multiple sites in one name and then reselling them.

Paythebill, BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Don't you have to say, "buying reservations" ;) :p

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

RA has lost a few states, ME, MD, CA and maybe some more have gone over to their own reservation systems. I'm sure money was driving the bus on this one but this may give the local reservation systems more tools to fight the gaming that's going on with the reservation systems

Paythebill likes this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reservations" is a longer word Mike so I skipped using it to save posting space thinking most folks would "catch my drift" and understand, etc. Didn't realize we have a few on the forum who have to have it all spelled out for them..........:p:p:p:p:p:p...:rolleyes:...:D.....

Moving right along now, Terry..........(aka BankShot)

9. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Or it may give them fewer tools. Aspira/RA is able to coordinate gaming the system across multiple states instead of being limited to one state. And their shear size suggests they have more capabilities available to them. It's interesting to note as well, that some of the states that have moved out of the RA managed system are now running Aspira's standalone reservation software. I don't know if that gives them any access to the master data base or not...

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry, My bad I should have done a better job with my internet humor, so let my give this another try

A good scalper will always say, "buying reservations" (I've been told scalpers say the opposite so they don't get in trouble) :cool: :D

Mike

#30 mdcamping, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Paythebill likes this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Okay Mike, you're off the hook on that one. I'm in a generous mood today and decided to give you a break cuz you be one of the gooder guys............. :) I will make sure once I get myself established and have the backing and support of the CR crowd, to have all my ducks in a row so as not to get the enforcement folks after me............INDEED...........:cool:

Hope you are enjoying your day. We are to get our first snow over the TG holiday starting overnight on Tuesday. Won't be much but it will for sure turn everything white and lend a holiday atmosphere to our little town................

Terry

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.