"Any Takers?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jan 17, 2020.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Anyone care to wager a "gentleperson's" bet? In other words just a friendly members only one. I'm betting that by the end of January, the membership on CR will top 200,000. Any takers.............:rolleyes::D

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I never wager against a sure thing...:confused::confused:

mdcamping, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Ron - A fellow Rver told me you were smarter than the average bear, and I believe him.......:rolleyes:

Go Niners, Terry...................(aka BankShot)

NYDutch, Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I WIN.....!!! As to what I won I haven't a clue but just looking at the membership climbing up and passing 200,000 members is prize enough for me...............:D Would be great to see a bunch of the new members introduce themselves and join in the forum discussions and make sure to post reviews on the places they visit and stay at............INDEED!!!

BankShot.........(aka Terry)

NYDutch, Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I guess I win also, since I did not bet against you

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Anyone who wins has to send all the other members $50 :p :D

Mike

Paythebill, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    I was thinking that there would have to be one member who would come up with something like this so I went ahead earlier this morning and printed up a bunch of $50 bills. As soon as the ink dries I will begin sending one to anyone who wants to take advantage of poor old BankShot..............:(

That would be me................(aka Terry)

PS: I only mail to offshore accounts however...........:p

8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I would have never bet that we would see an increase of 3,000 plus members in just a two week period. We are over 203,000 members now and to me that is amazing. Hopefully many of these new members will start introducing themselves on the forum and be turning in many new reviews shortly. Some really good stuff happening with CR and once the "kinks" get straightened and all the complaining stops, it will once again be full steam (oops, I meant to say full gas or diesel) ahead..............:D

Welcome aboard new members, jump and join the fun

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

9. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Seriously. I keep looking several times a day and people just don't post that often. I feel like a "forum attention hog", posting stuff myself when other people aren't starting threads for me to respond to. I have all kinds of things going through my head to ask, to get ideas for if/when the campground purchase is made, but I don't want to look like an attention-seeker. I know forums where people show up who make tons of threads in a short period of time, either don't respond to others or else hijack other people's threads, and then leave suddenly. I hope some of the non-posting members will get on the ball and post.

BankShot, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I will admit that our campground listings and reviews have always been our stronger suit, but we definitely encourage members to participate in the forum. It is a bit slow now since it not the camping season, but it will pick up as soon as warmer weather gets here. Please feel free to post about whatever you want to know or discuss and you certainly sound like you are well versed in forum etiquette. We have a great set of regular posters, but more members pop up from time to time whenever they have a question or comment. Right now you are the member who has a need to know more about owning campgrounds, so don't hold back; ask all you want to.

BankShot, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  11. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

This forum is obviously smaller but more cordial vs some of the larger RV forums. The positive about that is most Rv related subjects can be discussed without the negative drama. :cool:

I'm glad your onboard!

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.