Review Pictures - Campsites

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by HackEagle01, Apr 26, 2020.

1. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

Nothing is more frustrating to me in a review as when I go to the pictures in reviews and see nothing but people having fun. Yes, it is nice to see you having fun in the activities around the park. However, a lot of us are more interested in what the campsites look like.
    For instance, are they well kept, trees for low clearances, open spaces, crowded/tight, etc. I do not want to park my 42 foot 5th wheeler in a mud hole as I had to several months ago for a campground that had a 5 star rating and was a horrible campground, definitely not a resort by any means.
    Please, in addition to your family having fun pictures, take one or two of the campsite as well.
    Thank you!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Very good advice, and our general guideline for photos is that they in some way depict the campground property or relevant camping experiences. Toward achieving that goal, we have provided five categories for photos to exemplify, and you may have already noticed that one of those categories is "Individual Campsite" in which you and many other member are the most interested. .

FYI, the five categories are:

Settings, Sights Inside the Park
    Individual Campsite
    Facilities, Activities
    Nearby Scenery, Sights
    Park Info: Map, Signs, Staff

3. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

4. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. When I complete a review I try to include all pertinent information.

5. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Well, at least someone likes my photos of bathrooms and site hook-ups :D

6. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I was looking at a few RV Resorts where we might possibly stay, and nothing but people playing games, riding on hay rides, kids in the playground, people roasting marshmallows, eating corn on the cob, etc., and no site pictures.

BankShot likes this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

When we are looking for new parks and campgrounds to stay at we also like to see at least a few pics of the various sites offered to get an idea of how close they are to each other and where the hookups are placed, etc. We've seen a few pics where, as HackEagle01 states.all that is shown are play areas, dog areas, check-in desk, a shower stall, perhaps a fire pit and so on. And way off in the distance you can barely see a row of RVs behind some trees or bushes. So yes indeed, we wish parks that don't show pics of their sites, somehow will see and read thru this thread and then go get out their cameras and take a few for those of us who like to know where we will be parked and what we will be looking at when we step outside to enjoy a morning cup or a evening glass. And to those parks that already do, a BIG thank you for doing so..................

BankShot............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and HackEagle01 like this.
  8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind, this is on us, writing reviews, to do as well. Photo upload is now super easy, and I take much more stock in the photos uploaded to reviews than I do those uploaded by campgrounds themselves, they are usually a more realistic look at things. The playgrounds, hayrides, front desk, ect., are all part of the experience as well and are important for an overall feel of what the campground is like.

We have all said it, camping is getting expensive in places, so when I go somewhere and spend my money, I want to be sure it is spent as best as possible, which is why all of these reviews are so important.

Paythebill and HackEagle01 like this.
  9. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Piling on here... it's worth noting that you can sort photos on a park page to look at member submitted photos or photos submitted by the park itself (which tend to be happy people photos).

I love seeing facility pictures but agree that individual site pics are really useful. I've requested specific site numbers when making reservations based on member submitted photos.

HackEagle01 likes this.
  10. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

I find that many RV Resorts (non-KOA) do not show their sites which always makes me skeptical of the condition of a site and then there are Resorts happy and proud post pictures.
    I have found many RV Resorts who do not post pictures of their sites which makes me skeptical about the campground.
    On the other hand, there are those proud to post pictures of the sites with patios, tables, etc.
    As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words!"

11. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

We occasionally get those specific site requests. Like most parks, we have many sites that are fantastic for some rigs and a nightmare for others. A Class B might find a shorter, wider site with 30 amp electric that requires a sharp turn to enter absolutely perfect. A 40 foot fifth wheel might take a month of Sundays to get in and out while the perfect fifth wheel site is sitting empty. The devil in me is tempted to just honor that request, even if the site is either not appropriate for the guest's rig or there are actually better sites available. If I get any push back when recommending a different site, (which happens more often than you would imagine) you can bet you will be stuffed into that original site, come heck or high water. And I will have copious notes in the reservation request as to why you are being put into that site.

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

If I review a RV park/campground that already has a zillion pic's I am more likely to just post a pic of my campsite and more pics related to Nearby Scenery, Sights as I do put in helpful information under the campions to remind other members and myself (I forget) of possible things to do.

Campgrounds with few reviews/pics I make an effort to include more Settings, Sights Inside the Park, especially loop road conditions.

Mike

HackEagle01 and Cyclonic like this.
  13. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Never really thought about that, but it is a very good idea. Think I'll have to steal it.

14. RideSlow2004

RideSlow2004
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to add photos to a review after it is submitted? I couldn't get the pics from the phone to the laptop.

15. HackEagle01

HackEagle01
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure if you can add to your own review, but if you go to the campground and hit the radio button at the top that says "ADD PHOTOS" you can add photos from there.

16. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

HackEagle01 is correct. Currently there is no way to tie your photos to a review after the review is submitted, although I would like to see this become available. However, you can submit photos by going to the park's page and clicking on Add Photos. The photos will be labeled as being submitted by you and they will be displayed on the park's page; they just won't be displayed along side your review.

mdcamping likes this.