Review scoring

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by mdcamping, Aug 23, 2020.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I guess with the new upgrade this past winter I have noticed I can no longer tune in my review ratings, exp: I have noticed the stars score 2,4,6 8,10. where before I could go 1,3,5,7,9

For me, this is certainly not a deal breaker but I do miss "tuning in" all my review scores. Any chance of going back to the old scoring system or at least changing it back on the next site upgrade?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We appreciate your comments. We will pass along your suggestion to our website developers. Thanks for your support.

3. Condor60

Condor60
    Expand Collapse

4. Condor60

Condor60
    Expand Collapse

How does a Campground get an overall score of 8.7 when the reviewers can only grade on a 1-5 star?

5. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Are you referring to the overall score for all the reviews for the park? Previously, it was possible to rate a park from 1-10 (1/2 to 5 stars in 1/2 star increments). That would account for a score of 8.7

6. Condor60

Condor60
    Expand Collapse

Are all categories equally weighted? Is it as simple as total star’s divided Total categories?

7. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The overall rating may be different than that. I have seen where a reviewer has given less than 5 stars for a category, but still gave 5 stars for an overall rating.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yup, as far as I understand anyone can score whatever they want on the categories and overall rating, It doesn't need to add up, or make sense, no specific rules apply

That said this is how my thinking might be, if one of my categories is 3 stars and all the other categories are 5, my final score might be a 4 star. With the past scoring system my final score might have been 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 star. Still regardless of past or present system no specific rules apply.

Mike

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Sometimes when a review seems totally inconsistent with the overall score I have written a message to the reviewer asking if he really meant to give such a low score since he had written a very positive review. Sometimes, it's as simple as thinking that a low number was a good score.