Dumping Rv Sewage

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by California BlueBird, Apr 2, 2009.

1. California BlueBird

California BlueBird
    Expand Collapse

[SIZE=10pt]OK Fellow RV’ers, I need to know if any of you have tried this product call “Sewer Solution”. I need something to connect to my 2” septic clean out. This sounds prefect, but does it really work?
    Link to their site.
    http://www.sewersolution.com/
    [/SIZE]

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(California BlueBird @ Apr 2 2009, 09:25 AM) [snapback]15702[/snapback]

[SIZE=10pt]OK Fellow RV’ers, I need to know if any of you have tried this product call “Sewer Solution”. I need something to connect to my 2” septic clean out. This sounds prefect, but does it really work?
    Link to their site.
    [/SIZE]

I've had my SS for about 4 years. It does work and I use it when I need to pump up hill to dump. It does use some water but I have never had it plug up and works as advertised. If I have the ability to use my regular dump hose I use that instead of the SS. It is a lot faster to dump with the 4 inch regular hose than the 1 inch SS system. The SS is cleaner and has no smell and easier to handle. For what you need it will work fine. I have 3 10 ft sections of hose and have had to link them all together more than once and it will still dump fine.

3. California BlueBird

California BlueBird
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(weighit @ Apr 2 2009, 08:55 PM) [snapback]15711[/snapback]

I've had my SS for about 4 years. It does work and I use it when I need to pump up hill to dump. It does use some water but I have never had it plug up and works as advertised. If I have the ability to use my regular dump hose I use that instead of the SS. It is a lot faster to dump with the 4 inch regular hose than the 1 inch SS system. The SS is cleaner and has no smell and easier to handle. For what you need it will work fine. I have 3 10 ft sections of hose and have had to link them all together more than once and it will still dump fine.

Thanks for the info Weighit. I think I will go ahead and get this. I just wanted to hear from someone how has used the SS. The ads always sound great, but then they want you to buy.

I’ll post what I learn and if the SS works for my problem.

4. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

My experience is the same as Weighit's. We have been carrying around a SS for almost seven years now, and I use it several times a year, when I need to dump uphill or close to it. I also use it when we are more than 20' from the dump connection. It's more trouble to use than the stinky slinky, but sometimes you need it.

One caution: It does require decent water pressure. We spend a lot of our winters in Mexico, where park water pressure is usually very low (5-15 PSI), suitable only for filling your tank. The SS will work for the gray water tank with low pressure, but I wouldn't want to rely on it for the black tank, where it acts as a macerator as well as a pump.

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(California BlueBird @ Apr 2 2009, 10:25 AM) [snapback]15702[/snapback]
    [SIZE=10pt]OK Fellow RV'ers, I need to know if any of you have tried this product call "Sewer Solution". I need something to connect to my 2" septic clean out. This sounds prefect, but does it really work?
    Link to their site.
    [/SIZE]

Hi If you would like more info on the SS try rv.net there alot of users on this site.

6. California BlueBird

California BlueBird
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denali @ Apr 3 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]15716[/snapback]

My experience is the same as Weighit's. We have been carrying around a SS for almost seven years now, and I use it several times a year, when I need to dump uphill or close to it. I also use it when we are more than 20' from the dump connection. It's more trouble to use than the stinky slinky, but sometimes you need it.

One caution: It does require decent water pressure. We spend a lot of our winters in Mexico, where park water pressure is usually very low (5-15 PSI), suitable only for filling your tank. The SS will work for the gray water tank with low pressure, but I wouldn't want to rely on it for the black tank, where it acts as a macerator as well as a pump.

I can see how water pressure would play into this. I have noted your comments Denali. In short, I will need both the 3” and the Sewer Solution when traveling.

Thanks for your input Denali.

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Apr 3 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]15720[/snapback]

Hi If you would like more info on the SS try rv.net there alot of users on this site.

I’ll check into RV.net. The more knowledge the better the RV experience!

Thanks for your info Meterman46.

7. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

I would consider the sanicon macerator pump and hose. It works fantastic. You can dump uphill, downhill, sidehill,you can even spray sandhill cranes. Just flop the hose on the ground and attach the output to the sewer conncection. You don't need a slinky and you don't have to "walk" a three inch hose full of sewage to get it empty. All you will have in the hose is a little of the grey water you used to flush. You will never want a 3 inch sewer hose again. It is fairly easy to install, but professional installation may be needed due to the need to connect the 12 volt electrical supply. add a garden hose and you can even dump into your home toilet, if necessary.

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

An opposing view. Despite the positives, I found the SS to be much more labor intensive. It won't work effectively without the extra water line to pump solids thru a small hose - downhill or not. It doesn't come with enough hose for a longer run to the dump opening so you'll have to buy more and use a connector for the two hoses. It's way more expensive that the regular sewer hoses.

And what's really annoying is for the guy in front of me at the dump station to use it to empty their tanks. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

9. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Apr 5 2009, 08:59 AM) [snapback]15741[/snapback]

An opposing view. Despite the positives, I found the SS to be much more labor intensive. It won't work effectively without the extra water line to pump solids thru a small hose - downhill or not. It doesn't come with enough hose for a longer run to the dump opening so you'll have to buy more and use a connector for the two hoses. It's way more expensive that the regular sewer hoses.

And what's really annoying is for the guy in front of me at the dump station to use it to empty their tanks. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

You raise a very important point that the rest of us failed to point out. It takes much longer to dump with the SS than it does with the stinky slinky, especially if the water pressure is marginal.

Another problem that I overlooked was that you generally can't use the SS at a dump station because most dump stations don't have a usable threaded fresh water connection to "power" the SS. Most of them have a non-threaded connection or a hose with boogered-up threads.

As you noted, if you are able to use it, the guys behind you will be glaring at you pretty hard.

10. California BlueBird

California BlueBird
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denali @ Apr 5 2009, 02:40 PM) [snapback]15746[/snapback]

You raise a very important point that the rest of us failed to point out. It takes much longer to dump with the SS than it does with the stinky slinky, especially if the water pressure is marginal.

Another problem that I overlooked was that you generally can't use the SS at a dump station because most dump stations don't have a usable threaded fresh water connection to "power" the SS. Most of them have a non-threaded connection or a hose with boogered-up threads.

As you noted, if you are able to use it, the guys behind you will be glaring at you pretty hard.

OK OK…. DO NOT USE AT DUMP STATION! I had not thought that far ahead on this.
    I have gone ahead and ordered the SS since it was on sale for $80 at Camping World. But I see that I need to play with this and find out just how long things take. I had been thinking that a 10 ft hose was not going to be long enough. But I decided on the basic kit and will see what can be adapted. Thanks.