" So Quiet...??? "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks D & J! This is a quick moving storm and you probably have sunshine now. Enjoy NM!

The names:
    My wife felt like throwing up, the first time we drove our current motor home, so that's where he got the name "Chuck" (upchuck).

Long story on our previous MH. It was an Allegro Bay, and we were sitting in a walmart parking lot waiting for some tire work do be done. The security guard driving around asked us when our Allegro would be done. I guess my wife's cousin didn't hear him correctly, and after the guard left, he said "he just called your motorhome an eggroll!". The name stuck, and we called it "The eggroll" until we sold it.

--chris g.

mdcamping and rideandfly like this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Unable to come up with a name for our coach so for now it will continue to go by what I've called it from the very first day I drove it.........."The Beast". Back then it looked and felt like a beast as I had never driven anything near that big before. To me it was a beast of a vehicle and it sorta stuck.......

By the way, love the name Darrell and Jerry gave their motorhome..........."Coach". And kudos also go to Bill and Debbie for "Stan & Ollie", with a little help from RickB............

Bet there are some more good ones out there so keep this thread going and let's have some good ones to get a chuckle from.................... :D

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and rideandfly like this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Been working, a lot, lately. Haven't had the trailer out since early October :-( though that was to Knoebels :-D

It is supposed to start getting really cold this week, so winterizing must be done this weekend, but I hope to be back out in a few weeks, we like to try and get out at least a weekend every month. Doing a week to Florida this year too :-D

mdcamping likes this.
  4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

After 10 years on the road, we've grown "roots" so to speak in the back country of southern California. Purchased a lot years ago to overwinter as kids/grandkids in the area. Eventually traded our 32 foot Southwind RV (Blue Dog) in on the longest 5'ver we could park full-time on the lot. Open Range Residential: Grey Ghost. Still travel (albeit via airlines) to family in the mid-west.
    Living the RV traveling lifestyle vicariously through you all now. :cool: Cheers!

Rollin Ollens, BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

What a great thread! I have thought long and hard for a name to give to my Truck & TT and I will call it Hush Hush.

I winterized 3 weeks ago and the trailer is all covered. Did some minor repairs and we should be good to go on our next trip next april! :cool:

Mike

BankShot, Cyclonic and rideandfly like this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Mike - Your traveling companion's name wouldn't by chance be Charlotte would it?........:D

Terry..............(aka BankShot)

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Actually I got this name that was the call sign from my father's Destroyer that he served on in the early 50's ( at least that is what I remember when he told me many yrs ago) He used the name on the cabin boat he had owned. DW and I enjoy our quiet so I thought what more of a better fitting name. :cool:

Mike

8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Interesting story Mike. I can imagine your dad out on that cabin boat on a calm, serene lake turning off the engine and saying "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" as he sat back and enjoyed the peace and quiet all to himself...... :)

Terry.............(aka BankShot)

mdcamping likes this.
  9. Lerllme

Lerllme
    Expand Collapse

I've joined you recently. I generally rarely communicate with someone on the forums ... I’m somehow scared to talk to people, I'm afraid to seem too stupid if I ask some of my questions.

10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi lerlime - Nothing to be afraid of on this forum. We are a good bunch of folks who welcome you and your comments and questions no matter what they are. So ask away and don't be shy. You'll be up to speed in no time and be asking as well as answering questions with all of us...... :D

Happy Holidays, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill, NYDutch and mdcamping like this.
  11. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard lerlime!

Can't say it any better than what Terry said, we have a easy going forum here! :cool:

Mike

#31 mdcamping, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

All of us were RV beginners once upon a time. Feel free to ask your questions. Welcome aboard.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  13. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Lerlime, welcome to RVPR. The people on here are, by far, the friendliest group or RVers out of all the other forums I belong. You'll find lots of great information on here and will find the reviews to be very helpful when making a decision on where to stay. I'll look forward to reading yours at some point, I'm sure.

Paythebill, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard ; There is no need to be shy on this forum. There is no such thing as a stupid question. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks hanging around here and were always willing to toss our two cents into the ring. We're sure you will agree that it's better to learn from others rather than by mistake.

We are looking forward to your input and your RV Park reviews.

Darrell & Jerry

15. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And another "Welcome!", Lerllme! Jump on in, the water's fine here... :D