Hey from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by MeghanTucker, Dec 22, 2018.

1. MeghanTucker

MeghanTucker
    Expand Collapse

Hey!

I'm Meghan, married to my best friend, Joe, and we have 3 boys + 1 little foster baby girl. We have been camping as a family for about 7 years now. Started w/ a pop up, then have had a hybrid Rockwood Roo for the past 5 years or so. This past week, we bought a Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S and are surprising the kids with it for Christmas and leaving for New Year's to go camp somewhere relatively close (and warmer) for a few days.

I can't wait to get to know you all and learn more about some of your favorite places to camp and other fun camping tips you may have.

Have a Merry Christmas!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Hi, Meghan and welcome to RVPR.

3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard Meghan. It sounds like you know your way around RVing already so I'm sure you will be sharing your knowledge and experiences with the rest of us.

Your quest for warmer temps is well understood. We are from Canada but are currently visiting South Padre Island where the temps are in the 70s.

We are sure you and your family will enjoy your new rig and are looking forward to hearing about your travels. We plan to visit your neck of the woods in about two years.

Darrell & Jerry

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Dittos on the welcome aboard Meghan. RVing is a great thing for a family to do and I'm sure you will have a great time putting that new Rockwood thru its paces on upcoming road trips. We are west coast RVers so can't give you any suggestions for parks and campgrounds in the areas you will tossing out the anchor but suffice to say there will be others that will. Great group of friendly folks here so stay tuned in and for sure post reviews on where you do stay. Jump in here on the forum at any time you have questions about anything or feel you want to contribute to a discussion, etc....

Happy and safe travels ahead, BankShot................(aka Terry)

PS: Not fair for Darrell & Jerry to be basking in south Texas sun while we are getting rained and snowed upon....... :( Soak it up D&J, we'll be joining in all the sun and fun come Feb.......... :D

Paythebill likes this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

One more big "WELCOME!" to you, Meghan! We'll be heading for nice warm Florida in a couple of weeks from chilly Upstate NY...

Paythebill likes this.
  6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Meghan, Welcome to the forum!

Remember this works both ways, as were looking forward to hearing about your favorite places and advice, and the best way to start (besides posting on our friendly forum) is to post lots of reviews!

Merry Christmas and we'll leave a chair out for you by the campfire! :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Welcome Meghan, sounds like your kids are going to have a blast. New camper for Christmas!

I just returned to the not so snowy northern Virginia from Florida, so I understand the quest for warmer camping in the winter ;) Wonderful that you are still willing to take on some colder temp camping, many folks put their campers to bed in October and don't come back out until May, but we like to camp all year long, even here in the dead of winter.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great trip for the New Years.

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  8. Zern44

Zern44
    Expand Collapse

Hey. My husband and I only plan to do camping, but we have a small child of 3 years. I am afraid that he may not cope with this. Maybe you have some advice on this?

9. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I started tent camping before I was born, so I was told, when I left on a camping trip with my father and came home with my mother. A 3 year old will hopefully see it as an adventure and have a great time experiencing new things. Make sure you have enough activities planned so he or she doesn't get bored. Our twin daughters started camping at about 2 years old, and are still enjoying it 50 years later!

10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Hey Zern44. Welcome to the forum. By “camping” I’m guessing you are referring to tenting. What ever form of shelter you use, it is still going to just be a means of “getting away from it”. I’m sure your three year old will love it. We began our camping (in a tent) when our oldest was still in diapers. Today, our grandchildren too, look forward to getting out of the city taking life easy. I think you owe it to yourself and your child to give it a try.

Darrell

mdcamping, Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    We took our son on his first camping trip at age 4 and he had a ball. He hiked with us and even caught his first fish. And sitting around the campfire at night singing songs and roasting marshmallows are still some of his best memories for him as a child. As NYDutch said above just make sure you do things that he is able to be included in and won't feel left out or without something to do, etc. Go for it, you won't be sorry..........

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  12. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Dutch,
    Are you sure this was a planned camping trip? Sounds more like a trip to the hospital to be born rather than an actual camping trip. Just wondering....:confused:

Rollin Ollens and mdcamping like this.
  13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

NYDutch, Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  14. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

OMG..:eek: I completely missed the inference presnted by Dutch... That is absolutely hilarious! Thank you Terry for the clarification.

NYDutch and mdcamping like this.
  15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

NYDutch has a Bob Newhart type of delivery! :cool:

Mike