Good campground near Virginia beach

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Alucke, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Alucke

Alucke
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are looking for a good campground, with lots of activities for kids, near Virginia beach. Also that doesn't cost a small fortune to rent a site. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alucke

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/virginia/virginia-beach

I have heard good things about Holiday Trav-L- Park. We been through First Landing state park many yrs ago, directly on beach but more on bay side, at the time it was more of a basic campground.

Could check out Cherrystone Family Camping Resort, it's on the other side of Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Your kids will love it but $$$

Good luck
    Mike

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

First Landing really has not changed, basic campground but nice thing about it is you can camp pretty much right on the bay, which is a fun experience. It is an older campground and sites are smaller though, more suited for tents, PuPs or small RV's (I don't know anything about that).

The KOA down there is nice, lots of stuff for the kids, but you will be paying KOA prices.

We visit Williamsburg a lot and usually camp at the Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center, which has a public RV park. Nice quiet park, small, about 15 minutes east of Williamsburg. They don't have planned activities, but in season they have a large pool, playgrounds, ball fields, basketball courts, disk golf (they will loan you the balls and disks), hiking trails, all for under 40 a night for a FHU site.

mdcamping likes this.