"RVPR Name Change"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow! I did not know that was even possible.

NYDutch likes this.
  2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We were expecting a thicker piece of meat. The coating was very bland although it had a nice "crust". The Country Gravy was very bland and I'm not sure how one can make it white when cooking beef. I can say that that was the only dish that we were served while in Texas that did not meet our expectations. Texans do know how to cook!!

After testing a number of BBQ places (the one we liked best was Podys in Pecos...my wife loved the Pecos Spud, some Seafood in South Padre...We liked Dirty Al's even though the place was a bit of a dive. The best Cajun was in Galveston at Benno's on the Beach. We like Mexican and were thrilled to have lunch in Boquillas del Carmen across the Rio Grande while we were at Rio Grande Village. (Okay, that's not Texas but close enough). The Enchilada was pretty good but the getting there experience was the amazing part, Fajitas at Rita's in San Antonio was good and we could take our dog with us on the patio. We had beans and refried beans as sides at many of the restaurants we visited. Awesome every time. We also love Texas Cheese Fries. We even had some pretty good ribs in Van Horn. I guess you can tell we like a little heat. Chicken Fried Steak had non. Just a bland thin piece of meat.

We are not meaning to offend anyone. our pallet is just not the same as some others.

Darrell & Jerry

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Sounds like the chicken doing the frying was a trainee....:rolleyes:

BankShot likes this.
  4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

What you described sounds way below Texas standards, so then I'm going to guess that you just did not choose the best restaurant for CFS. However, CFS usually comes with white gravy (so they got that right) although I have seen some folks request brown gravy (but they weren't from around here). You do know that CFS is one of the "food groups" in Texas (tacos being another) so I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the food you sampled here. And I took no offense; CFS is not for everyone, but I was curious how it did not meet your expectations.

Paythebill likes this.
  5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I just got back from a short trip south for a few days and missed all the added commentary on this thread. After reading your take on chicken fried steak Darrell I just wanted to add, in addition to texasrvers post, that most "reputable" chicky fried steak places serve a white cream style based gravy with spices added. A good gravy makes all the difference. I've also eaten at a couple of joints where their gravy is pretty tasteless but at a good one the gravy is really flavorful and tasty. This holds true for the coating also. Next time you're in the Auburn area out here in Calif. we'll have to get together again and I'll take you to Mel's Diner. They serve up a mean chicken fried steak and their home fries ain't too shabby either........:D

Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  6. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

This is why I look forward to retirement... Only 23ish years to go!

SteveDahl and Paythebill like this.
  7. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We decided to retire two years earlier than planned. No regrets!! You can't take it with you so we intend to go our broke but happy!

Darrell and Jerry

8. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

Anybody else having issues posting campground reviews? My last several since mid-March have not posted (Texas, New Mexico and Arizona)

9. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This is concerning.... can you help us out with some extra info so we can dig into this?

Can you recall one of the parks you reviewed?
    Where you using the website or the RVLife App?
    What kind of device where you using?
    Is there any chance you have 2 accounts?

10. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

Can you recall one of the parks you reviewed? Carlsbad KOA for one and Lost Alaskan in Alpine TX
    Where you using the website or the RVLife App? Using the Website
    What kind of device where you using? Dell Laptop computer
    Is there any chance you have 2 accounts? No, I don't think so!

I have been getting a flag when I try to submit the reviews....let me try it again now and get back with you...

11. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

"Your Review" page showed up after I submitted my review and all the spaces and comments were empty. Also, while trying to upload a 600K photo the database will not accept my photos (says something about having a problem with my photo) I was trying to review "Trailer Village RV Park" in Roswell NM when we stayed there a few weeks ago.

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Steve:

The system activity log shows that you logged in on 3/31 and submitted some photos. You again logged in the next day but no activity was recorded. You are currently logged in.

There is no evidence of reviews added since 3/15.

Joel (AKA docj)

13. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

I reviewed several other parks since mid last month and they were not accepted....just like the one I just submitted a minute ago on "Trailer Village RV Park" in Roswell. Is there a record that I submitted a review a few minutes ago?

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You say that a "flag" is appearing when you attempt to submit a review. Do you know how to take a screenshot of that flag so you can post it here? That would provide the programmers some assistance.

Paythebill likes this.
  15. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

Joel - It appears that I got the "flag" while uploading some campsite reviews this morning. It started by NOT ALLOWING me to upload some photos of the RV park. I saved the screenshot as a PDF file. I hope it attaches and I hope the programmers can find out the issue....

Attached Files:

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I think that flag will be a big help in figuring out what is going on. Thanks

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

A CSRF Token Mismatch error is usually related to either your browser not allowing cookies or an ad blocker installed on your device. Please try the following procedures to correct this.

Log out of CampgroundReviews.com.
    Delete/empty your internet browsing cookies and cache.
    Turn off your device and then restart it.
    Log back in to CampgroundReviews.com.

You can also try uninstalling and then reinstalling the ad blocker.

Please let us know if you have more trouble.

Paythebill likes this.