Best place to park RV for a week

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by srwcatholic, Feb 9, 2019.

1. srwcatholic

srwcatholic
    Expand Collapse

I am about to go on a business/pleasure trip. The first half (business) I am supplied with a hotel, one with a very small parking lot. The second half (pleasure) in my RV. I do not really want to pay full freight for an RV site in a park, and usually parks don't like you to leave for several days while you are their guest. Best ideas for what to do with my RV while I am at the hotel?

Thanks!!

Scott

Paythebill likes this.
  2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello srwcatholic! Is there an airport nearby? Check if they allow long-term parking for your rig. Another thought, check with the hotel you are staying with. They may have suggestions.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. srwcatholic

srwcatholic
    Expand Collapse

A couple of great ideas! Had thought about asking the Hotel, but the airport is a good idea, Houston has a couple!

Thanks!

Paythebill likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Also check with the off-site parking companies that serve the airports. They may be more convenient to get in and out of and cheaper.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You didn't mention how long you needed to "store" your RV so this may not work, but you might look for a lot that stores boats and RVs. (I'm thinking of the kind that have storage "sheds" or rooms on site also.) I know these are usually for long term, but you might find someone who would accommodate you if you explain your situation. Also maybe an RV dealer or seller would let you park on their lot. Finally going back to your thoughts about not wanting to pay for a spot at an RV park if you are not staying in your RV, there are RV parks that have a storage area for unoccupied RVs. There is still a fee, but usually it is not anywhere near the cost of a hookup site. Just some thoughts.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Scott - Unless I missed something in your original post you didn't state what form of transportation you will be using to get to and from the hotel or while you are there? Do you have a vehicle with your RV or will you perhaps be renting one? If the latter you might want to ask the rental car company if they have an area where you could leave your RV for a few days. And if they don't they might know a place where you can. Just grabbing at another straw here in hopes between some of us we can come up with an idea that will solve your problem......................

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Also check with the RV park you are going to stay at. They may have an area for "overflow" parking or RV storage. Also check truck stops like Flying J. They have areas where the truckers drop off the trailers for short term stays.

Road Kandy likes this.