" Ever Wonder Why....??? "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Feb 28, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Ever respond to a post by a member who asks a question or is in need of advice on something, etc. so you respond and do your best to be of assistance as do a couple of other members. And the post just sits there for a few weeks or even a month or more with nothing back from that member again? And it's not like they drop off the end of the earth or may have taken ill or something as I have seen followup posts in othe topics right to date, so they are still active and alive. I often wonder why even bother to ask a question or for advice if you can't even respond back and at least give an acknowledgment to those that did respond. I guess some folks just want the answers and they are done with it and move on. Not trying to start anything by this rather just wanting to know if anyone else has noticed this............:rolleyes:

PS: Would appreciate a response from a few members so I don't feel neglected..........:p

BankShot............(aka Terry)

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

That's common to a lot of forums. It's always a pleasant surprise when someone does come back and lets us know the results of our suggestions, good or bad...

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yes I definitely agree, sometime though, the posts that you think you will get a reply, you don't and the one's you figure you won't you do.

Somewhat off topic, noticed lately we have been getting a lot of spamming here. I know the admins are busy but hopefully this can be looked into in the future.

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I will still respond whenever I feel I can contribute because as long as the OP benefits and gets the answers he or she is looking for then that's all that matters. We are all different and that's what makes this forum as great as it has become over the years. Decidedly one of the best, if not THE best forum, I've ever belonged to........

Yeah Mike, I've notice that too and in fact responded to what I thought was a legitimate post not too long ago and the next day both it and my response were gone. One of the Admins told me in a PM that is was a spam post and when spam posts get caught they and the response posts are deleted. Some of these spammers are pretty smart but not very many get thru our tough line of defensive Admins..............:D

Cheers to you Dutch and Mike, Terry

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Well Terry, Good manners, in my opinion, are becoming rarer these days. A simple thank you is pretty easy and quick to add once you have received a reply (even for those like me that have short, fat sausage fingers typing with one digit on a phone).

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Oh, Bankshot.......(aka Terry) whether you get a response or not, please do not feel neglected we all appreciate your input no matter what.....:)

NYDutch and BankShot like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Wow!!! If you really mean that Paythebill then I be flattened. Oops, meant to type flattered........ :D

All the best to you, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, it is kinda the way people write on the internet these days. I mean, it is the whole reason people write TIA at the end of questions, they never intend to engage in discussion, conversation, or to even acknowledge a reply.

'Course, I make fun of it by asking who this all knowing, all powerful TIA woman is :-D

Paythebill, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Funny, Bankshot is concerned about being neglected? But, yet leads all forum members by a wide margin in the most "likes" category.....:confused: Who would have guessed....:eek:

NYDutch likes this.
  10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    I'm at loss for words Paythebill and really don't know how to respond to this. I be but a lonely old RVer looking for a place to feel welcomed. And then I find that place and someone comes along and pokes fun at me............:( I will try to do my best at not being liked so much anymore if that helps........;)

We have been trying to get on the road for the past month but every time we get set to leave the weather turns nasty where we are heading. The plan now is to wait till April and try to go south for a short while and then east to AZ and hope we don't get rained or snowed on then too.....:rolleyes:

Happy travels, BankShot.............(aka Mr. Likeable):p

Rollin Ollens, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  11. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

As others have stated, it's common for members to ask questions but never come back to their thread to give an update or even say thanks, here or on any other social forum.

I do my best to do that, though; it's how I was raised. There will always be my mom's voice in my head saying "Now, what do you say?!" anytime I've been helped. She's been gone a long time & I'm well over the hill, but that voice is still there.

Lori-

NYDutch, Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  12. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Well Terry. We think it’s safe for you to go to Tucson now. We endured the SNOW there for you. Spoke to an older resident. He said that he hadn’t seen snow stick like we got for over twenty years!

We are slowly making our way back north and we do mean slowly. It’s still minus thirty C in the Bow Valley of Alberta. We hope you get some good weather soon.

Darrell and Jerry

Paythebill likes this.
  13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We were in Tucson back in Feb of 2013 and staying at Gilbert Ray Campground when it started snowing huge flakes of snow. It only lasted a couple or three hours but managed to leave two inches of white stuff coating the three "C's". Coach, Car, and Cactus. Locals then said it was a 50 year snowfall and that many of them had never seen it snow like that. Anyway, we appreciate you clearing it all out for us, that was might nice of you. You guys enjoy your drive back home, hope it's a tad warmer once you get there....................

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Liam658 and Paythebill like this.
  14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We went through Tucson in 2003 and the snow was really coming down. It was sticking to the ground, but not the roads. When we got to Phoenix where we were staying, it was in the 70's and the people at the park didn't believe us when we said it was snowing in Tucson, but it definitely was.

Paythebill likes this.
  15. Liam658

Liam658
    Expand Collapse

This problem is everywhere. You need to be careful when answering and at least try to support the person who is dealing with the problem. Of course, useful information on answers will always be useful, but not everyone owns it, even Google, sometimes you have to improvise to solve a problem.