"What Might Be Happening?"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Mar 12, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Here's one for you tech wizard guys and gals. Since the recent changeover to Campground Reviews I have left both the old RVPR avatar on my Firefox home page as well as adding the new CR avatar right next to it. This way I can log in using either one. Here's the "glitch". Both avatars have been working just fine until just a couple of days ago. Now whenever I use the CR avatar, instead of taking me to the home page as has been the case in the past, it now takes me directly to a thread that i started a short while ago under "General Community Discussions" entitled "What Method Do You Use When Backing Up". Using the old RVPR avatar it takes me to the usual home page. Have I inadvertently done something on my end to cause the CR avatar to take me directly to that thread? I have tried logging off and back on again but it still takes me back to that same thread each time. No big deal, I would just like to know what might have happened and if it can be corrected somehow? I was going to delete the CR avatar and reinstall it on my home page again and see what happens but I thought before doing that perhaps someone can give me some advice on what might be going on? Thanks, will stand by for any assistance someone can provide.............

BankShot............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The things you are calling "avatars" are nothing more than browser bookmarks. There's no reason that a bookmark must take you to a site's "landing page"; usually it can take you anywhere you wish within the site. For example, for this site I have my RVPR bookmark set to bring me to the "new posts" page of the forum.

Bookmarks can be easily changed or corrupted. The simplest fix I can think of is to delete the one that doesn't work the way you want and then reinstall in. You might consider one that takes you to the site homepage and one that gets you to the forum!

Joel (AKA docj)

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Joel for the info. I deleted that CR bookmark as you suggested and by golly when I placed it back on my home page and clicked on it, it took me right to the CR home page just as it had been doing. I must have clicked on "something" I shouldn't have when closing out and set that forum thread into motion. (Did I do that?...:rolleyes:) All is well in the world again, time for a beer on that account...........:D

Regards. Terry..............(aka BankShot)

NYDutch likes this.
  4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Great timing Terry, Jason's beer truck just pulled up outside your place. Geesh, driver made good time from "The land down under".....:rolleyes:

BankShot and NYDutch like this.