"Reaching Out!!!"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Admin note: Normally Campground Reviews does not accept posts of this type. However, because of the severity of this situation, we are making an exception in this case.

I am posting this as a way of reaching out to our RV community and asking for assistance in helping a fellow RVer and his family who has just suffered a terrible and life devastating tragedy. He owns a small mobile RV service that does misc. repairs and service in our community, including our own RV. A salt of the earth, hard working guy who is liked by all who know him. Last week his home was burned to the ground by a psychopathic drugged out arsonist who randomly picked his home to break into and destroy. He set fire to the house and there is nothing left but a black smoldering pile of rubble. He and his wife were gone when it happened and all they have left is the clothing they were wearing when they returned home. They have lost everything including his wife's wedding ring and all the memories of their lives together. There is a GoFundMe account that has been set up for those that care to donate anything they are able to. I realize that none of you here on the forum know this family but I have given myself a mission to do anything I can to help them get back on their feet again, including contacting our local radio station for help in spreading the word for assistance. If you go on the GoFundMe site you will see a picture along with a short story of what happened to Byron and his wife Debbie. It should really touch your heart as it sure has mine. There are over 130,000 members on CGR and if just half donate to this very worthy cause I would be one very happy fellow RVer to see this happen for him. The information is as follows:

https://www.gofundme.com/byron-and-debbie-kell-victims-of-arson

GoFundMe.com
    Search for: Byron and Debbie Kell

Thank you all for taking your time to read this. And THANK YOU to everyone in advance who donate.
    BankShot..............(aka Terry)

mdcamping, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi All - Just a little "bump" on this one so it doesn't get lost. Sure would like to see some donations come in from our RV community as this family is really in need right now. Even a "Lincoln" multiplied by a few thousand RVers makes a difference. I informed Byron's son of what I had been able to get approved on this forum and he was really moved and very appreciative. I'll be quiet now and keep my fingers crossed. I think I can still cross them...........:D

Thanks again, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

If I may be allowed, am bumping this one more time in hopes a few more RVers rise to the occasion and donate even just a 5 spot to this family whose lives have been completely devastated. And a big thank you again to those who already have.................

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.