CSRF Token Mismatch - error, help

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Kim Edmond, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Kim Edmond

Kim Edmond
    Expand Collapse

Need help posting a review....I keep getting the error CSRF token mismatch. What am I doing wrong?

Paythebill and Avghee461 like this.
  2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

3. Phaeton40AH

Phaeton40AH
    Expand Collapse

I'm having the same problem posting a review. This is the FIRST TIME since "joining" rvparkreviews (or whatever you now call it) in 2010 that this has happened to me... same computer, same web browser, same settings. That there is no explanation of what "CSRF token mismatch" means when trying to submit a review is inexcusable.. why should I have to look at Forum postings for an explanation for an excuse?
    To whomever is running this site, I would remind them that its success is TOTALLY dependent on users VOLUNTARILY posting their reviews. If this is too big a challenge for you to make easy for us, then I'm not going to waste my time TRYING to "give" you the information that you claim makes your website so great if your site won't let me. Recently, I have been receiving countless emails encouraging me to post reviews... what's the point if I can't submit them?
    Accordingly, I would appreciate knowing when this website will again work as it used to before I will attempt to post another review. Otherwise, please remove the 126 reviews that I have posted voluntarily over the past 9 years and "unregister" my account... life is too short to put up with such nonsense, especially when you are using my reviews to promote your site without my receiving any compensation.

#3 Phaeton40AH, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Paythebill and Nielsen62 like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

If I may, I would like to say that in all my years of posting reviews on this forum I have never encountered a problem that wasn't resolved quickly and without anyone getting bent of shape over it, etc There are so many different browsers, types of PCs, tablets, smartphones and other devices being used by all of us that there is bound to be a time or two that each of us encounters a glitch or an obstacle along the way that delays our reviews from being read by the others. To this day there are times even when I go to log out that I do not get logged out and cannot log out. So what do I do? I go to into my "options:" and clear the cache and cookies that have accumulated and bingo, I am logged out immediately. I realize this is different than what is happening when a "CSRF token mismatch" pops up and I honestly do not know what that means either as I have never had that happen to me. My point being, the Admins do their best to keep this site running smoothly and are normally very quick to respond and act on a problem being encountered by a member. We all need to be a tad more patient when problems do occur because what I've seen in the past is that problems are usually solved quickly when those being approached with those problems are "worked with" to resolve them and not yelled at in type or told to either resolve the problem or "no more posts" will be posted.. That is not the way to resolve the problem. To Phaeton40AH above, you have been a member now for over nine years and have only submitted 7 posts according the numbers. Perhaps if you posted a tad more and got more involved on the forum you might just find that the error being encountered is on your end.........maytbe? I am not trying to start a pissing contest here between you and I and I for one am happy to see you have shown an interest in the forum after all these years. Hopefully the problem you are having will be resolved shortly and we will be hearing more from you and from down the old road we all travel on...........:D

All the best to you, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#4 BankShot, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  5. Phaeton40AH

Phaeton40AH
    Expand Collapse

While I may have come on very strong in my posting, I am even more puzzled by your response; particularly your comments aimed directly at me.
    For the record, I did not register with the site to be a FORUM participant. My intent was to post REVIEWS of the RV parks I visited, as I thought that was the principal purpose for the site's existence. In that regard, I believe I have done a pretty good job of posting, on average, more than 12 reviews a year over a 10 year period; all but one of which was accepted on my first attempt.
    However, you seem to imply that my lack of being a more active FORUM participant is the principal source of my frustration with posting a simple RV park REVIEW. On the contrary, I see my lack of postings on the FORUM as an indicator that, for the most part, I have been quite satisfied with my experience posting REVIEWS. In fact, the only other times I posted on this FORUM involved an error in the accuracy of the location of various RV parks in relation to the city when the "search" function was used. While the moderators were initially in denial that there was an issue, it was finally corrected.
    Two of your other statements struck me, as well. In one, you seem to suggest you hope the problem I'm having will be resolved shortly. While I appreciate your sentiments, the fact is that the specific "problem" I experienced was documented in another thread by other users on this FORUM dating back to March. To that, I respectfully ask what exactly is your definition of "shortly"? The other is your implication that I now have "an interest in the forum." Believe me, I don't.
    In the final analysis, those of us who post REVIEWS on this site will only continue to do so when it is easy for us to do so. As others have mentioned in other FORUM threads, it takes time and effort to write a thoughtful review of an RV park. There is little point in doing this when the site can provide no assurance that it will be accepted for review. As to putting the "blame" on us users for not being IT experts, all I can say is that I regularly use dozens of websites for both personal business and pleasure every day with the same computer, and I have yet to run into similar issues... obviously, these other sites have been able to work through the maze of operating systems, browsers, caches, etc. that seem to be used as excuses for performance issues on this site. IMHO, there's got to be a solution that doesn't involve the user.
    One of the benefits of living in a free society is that each of us can make our own choices. As much as I would like to continue to help fellow RVers with my take on the RV parks where I stay, I'm afraid this site may no longer be my appropriate means. Accordingly, I will simply suspend writing any further REVIEWS until I am convinced that they will be accepted for review, as they have been for the past 10 years. This is not a threat. It is, rather, just a practical statement of the most useful way to spend my limited amount of time. I hope, for the sake of everyone involved, whomever is in charge will respond accordingly and fix the problem. In the meantime, life will simply go on for all of us, and I will continue to enjoy my travels.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Phaeton40AH -I read your post above and can understand your frustration on all this. I also respect your views and opinions along with why you feel I am not stating certain things correctly. I guess my response to this is that there will be problems from time to time on any membership type website where there are reviews along with a membership forum that is open to any and all members who wish to post on. All I was trying to say to you is that getting upset with the Admins who watch over the reviews and forum posts, and who do so on their own time and with no compensation, is not going to get things fixed or handled any sooner. These Admins have personally assisted me several times over the time I've been aboard and did so on a timely basis and with concern and interest in resolving the issue that was happening at the time. You sound like an intelligent guy and one who has chosen not to spend time posting on the forum and that sir is your choice and of course your right not to. I really do hope that your current review posting problem does get resolved and in a timely manner. As you are no doubt aware after being a member for 9 years, this is the busiest time of the year for those Admin folks who have to go over hundreds of reviews a day and get as many of them posted as quickly as they are able. When problems do arise the time to fix them can be slowed down somewhat. That's all I am going to say on this subject. Whatever you chose to do from here I wish you safe travels and good roads wherever you travel to................

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It sounds like you have had pretty good luck over the yrs till recently, maybe that is something to consider.

There is a "Contact Us" button on the bottom of the page, just write a quick explanation on your issue and they will get back to you with some help.

Good Luck
    Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  8. Marc Williams

Marc Williams
    Expand Collapse

I am getting the same error. I also cannot post more than one photo at a time which is very frustrating. Like OP I have posted reviews on the same computer before with no issues.

Paythebill likes this.
  9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We've been traveling since the beginning of June and I've posted reviews of every park we've stayed at all of which were submitted from my laptop. I've yet to have a review rejected. To me that demonstrates that the problem relates to a "mismatch" between the specific device making the submission and the server.

Earlier in this thread, there was a link to a process that we believe resolves the Token Mismatch problem for specific computers. We would appreciate it if people would try to follow those instructions EXACTLY and then report back to this thread their success or failure. Please note that all the steps have to be followed. Don't make statements like "I've never been to your site so I don't have a browser history to clear". Just follow the instructions and report back,

For those who can't find the link, it's the 3rd post in this thread: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/forum/threads/problem-posting.7056/

The only way we can resolve this issue is with the assistance of our users. When you report back please state the operating system you are using (Windows, iOS, Linux, Android, etc) and the browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.)

Thank you.
    Joel (AKA docj)

Paythebill, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  10. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm sorry there has been trouble with this issue but there is a solution.

1. After you have logged in, go up and click on the logout link
    2. Login again using your e-mail and password making sure that if your browser is autofilling the login info that it is correct.

You must do this on every device you use to access the site.

This issue began with RV life integration and the logout/login fix should only be needed one time. The underlying problem began for some folks when logins were updated and the cookies we use to keep you logged in at page changes became corrupted/expired. Some folks can login but then see the token mismatch error when they begin to navigate around the site or submit a review.

Logout by clicking on the logout link (not just closing your browser) and then login again. This should set a new login cookie.

Paythebill likes this.
  11. tch

tch
    Expand Collapse

What exactly is a "CSRF token mismatch" I just spent quite a bit of time writing a review and when I submitted it, the system returned the error "CSRF token mistmatch". Since I don't know what that is and, therefore, do not know how to fix it, my time was wasted And, it appears this is not an uncommon situation. So, what gives?

Paythebill likes this.
  12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm sorry your review was lost, but the purpose of the previous post was to provide a method to avoid this problem in the future. IMO it's not necessary that you fully understand what causes the problem as long as a process for preventing the problem is provided. Please let us know if you continue to have problems after you follow the instructions.

Paythebill likes this.
  13. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

These are cookies. We use them to keep you logged in. The server sets a token (cookie) as you login. As you begin to navigate around the site this is used to keep you logged in. The server verifies the token (cookie) with each page load request and when you submit a review (to make sure it get's assigned to your account). Cookies sometimes get corrupted or expire and this is why the logout/login process is needed.

I'm really sorry you lost your review - they are a lot of work to submit and a great help to others so your frustration is understandable. I hope you'll try again.

Paythebill likes this.
  14. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

FWIW, I got several CSRF token mismatch messages tonight when I tried submitting some new campgrounds. I always log out when I leave the site so I know that isn't the issue.

Surface Laptop/Chrome/W10

Lori-

Paythebill likes this.
  15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Logging out doesn't necessarily delete cookies.

Paythebill likes this.
  16. JLT

JLT
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to post some campground reviews and it won't let me. It keeps saying CSRF Token Mismatch.
    What does that mean?

17. Bama Camper

Bama Camper
    Expand Collapse

Copied from an earlier post by Texasrvers:

A CSRF Token Mismatch error is usually related your browser not allowing cookies. Please try the following procedure to correct this.

Log out of CampgroundReviews.com.

Delete/empty your internet browsing cookies and cache.

Turn off your device and then restart it.

Log back in to CampgroundReviews.com.

mdcamping likes this.
  18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator