Looking to spend the winter in South California and or South Arizona

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by JP - Joe, May 25, 2019.

1. JP - Joe

JP - Joe
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone
    From Canada

I am interested in suggestions for places I can park a 30' RV trailer for November too May. Close to or easy access to an Airport. An adult only type of park or campground with full hookup etc.

JP-Joe

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum. It would probably be best to do a search within both areas you plan on staying at for the time period you stated. There are quite a few parks and campgrounds in those areas that are also close to airports. For instance you have Yuma, and Tucson along with several other smaller cities and towns t\hat you can surely find some places that will not only put you up for the time period you need but also will also give you a nice discounted rate. In So. Calif. there are literally dozens of them close to many major airports that will offer you good rates also. After reading the reviews on the ones you deem fill the bill for you, contact each one and you will surely find the one/s you want. May thru Nov. is a good time period weather-wise in both areas also as you no doubt are already aware of. Once you find a park you feel meets your needs, jump in here again and let us know which one it is as many of us have probably stayed at it in our travels and we will be only too happy to provide further info to you at that time should you want or need it. Again, welcome to the forum and be sure to post reviews on the parks you do stay at on your travels............

Regards from a fellow Canadian, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

3. JP - Joe

JP - Joe
    Expand Collapse

Thank You

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Greetings JP-Joe;

I am a fellow Canadian and have traveled quite extensively in the warm, dry SW. BankShot offered the same reply as I would have. This area of the US does have a lot of options available.

My reply is to just make sure you are aware of Canada’s 180 day rule.

I’m not sure if you are a seasoned Snow Bird and I certainly don’t want to insult your intelligence. You mentioned parking a rig from November until May. That is more than 180 days. You then add the disclaimer about your need to have access to an Airport. This suggests that you plan on doing some commuting. I just want to make sure you are aware that being out of the country for a while does carry consequences.

I’m sure you will enjoy your time away from the cold.

Darrell

5. PDitty

PDitty
    Expand Collapse

The Coachella Valley in So. California has a lot of places with easy access to Palm Springs airport. We get a lot of Canadian visitors here for the winter. Palm Desert, Indio, La Quinta are nice towns with good resorts. Desert Hot Springs and Thousands Palms have some nice places and then some really bad places, make sure and check the reviews for the surrounding neighborhood in those areas.