Queensland Australia School Holidays April 2017

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jason Goodwin, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

So it's school holidays so time to table the kids away for a few days. Up to Tewantin, north of Brisbane, on the Sunshine Coast. Although the bloody pouring rain on the way up wouldn't have you believe the name of the place.
    IMG_2046.JPG
    The park has a gas station at the front a golf course across the road and is 10 minutes from the Noosa river. That's my favourite picture of our ultimate setup....van, 4wd and boat or as we call it the Tinnie.
    As I said a bit of the wet stuff on arrival but it settled down the next morning for some great boating and fishing.
    IMG_2047.JPG
    The little bloke was up late setting up the rods and getting the bait set.

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  2. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

So all set and up early. We have the benefit of having both sets of grandparents with us. My wife's parents travelled up with us in their old converted bus and my parents live 2 blocks from the RV park. Family is very very important to us and the kids adore the grandparents.
    IMG_2040.JPG
    First day on the water. All launched and enjoying the sun.
    IMG_2042.JPG
    My little mate taking his chance at driving the tinnie.
    IMG_2049.JPG
    More fish bothering than fish catching on day one. On the northern reach of the Noosa river near the seaway and north shore.

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  3. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Skip ahead to day two and 5 hours out on the tinnie in the reaches of the Noosa river.
    IMG_2052.JPG
    Keen fisherman and his grandad. Note important esky.
    IMG_2054.JPG
    First catch. Massive whiting at least 5inches
    IMG_2060.JPG
    And continued with him catching another 2 that went straight back in after the traditional kiss on their fishy lips. Didn't get the picture in time.....priceless look on his face.
    IMG_2061.JPG
    I would not be outdone so countered with this sea monster......
    IMG_2063.JPG
    The best fishing is around the multi million dollar Noosa homes and their estuaries.
    IMG_2064.JPG
    The boys had a ball. Back in tommorrow with both grandfathers so it's game on with further trip report to come.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jason - I just have one question. Do you ever take time off from your trips to work or are you one of them lucky buggers who hit some big lottery and are now retired for the rest of your life.........:p As always great pics of course. Makes the rest of us feel like we are right there with you getting all those fish hot and bothered by kissing them............:D

Regards to you and the family, Terry................(aka BankShot)

5. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Nothing like a bit of R&R, fishing with the boys. Memories are made of this.:)

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Greetings JudithJohnson;

Welcome to CCRs and to the Forum. Your statement “no free time, too much work.” reminds me that I had the same mindset back a few years ago. If I can offer a suggestion.........there will always be too much work but there is never enough time to relax and enjoy life so make it a priority to make some time to kick back. You won’t regret it. I promise!

Darrell

7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Again, Jason, Thank you for the outstanding pictures and narration. Thanks for sharing.

Jason Goodwin, BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Cool pics Jason! nothing better than fishing with the family! :cool:

Jason is that a Boston Red Sox cap your wearing? I knew you were a classy guy!! :D :D

Go SOX!!

Mike