RV Blinds Advice

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by openhouses, Oct 20, 2019.

1. openhouses

openhouses
    Expand Collapse

Our blinds are the accordion type and most of them no longer go up or stay up.
    We are thinking of getting regular blinds aluminum or PVC any suggestions or what works for you???
    Thank you ...

mdcamping likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi openhouses and welcome to the forum. We also have the accordion style pull down shades in our Class A and so far after several years of use they are holding up well. Ours are the double type with the first pull down being one that just keeps the sun out during the brighter daylight hours but are also nice in the evening when you still want to see out but don't want folks seeing in etc. The second pull down is a dark out shade that completely blocks the views from both inside and outside. I would think the limiting factor in a single aluminum or PVC regular pull down blind would be that it wouldn't afford you the options that the double accordion type does. Of course if yours are just the single accordion pull down then it's just a matter of you choosing which style you like best. It's fun upgrading in areas where it makes your travels more comfortable and interior blinds are certainly on that list of upgrades. I'm sure a few others will jump in shortly and give you their experiences and recommendations. Lots of very knowledgeable folks on this forum. A great group of RVers who will give you a big welcome aboard also as soon as they stop driving and have a chance to get to their keyboards..........:D

Travel often and travel safe, BankShot..........(aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Our now 18 year old coach also has the double accordion fold night and day shades, and over the years I've restrung must of them to restore normal operation. Restringing them is not particularly difficult, and instructions are readily available on the web as are kits with all the needed materials.

BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  4. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We have the MCD day/night roller shades in our rig. They work similar to the double shades described by BankShot. What I like about them is not having to restring them every few years like I had to do when we had accordion shades in our last motorhome.

BankShot, NYDutch and mdcamping like this.
  5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We've gone away from shades entirely. In the bedroom we have "blackout" curtains that my wife made which are hung using hardware designed for the boating industry. In the living area we have lace curtains also made by my wife.

BankShot, NYDutch and mdcamping like this.