Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, AL

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by SJMaye, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SJMaye

SJMaye
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I would like to go to the Gulf Shores area in early January or February. I checked their site and it appears absolutely everything is booked. Then I check again and get an error, so I am not sure if anything is available. Can any share their experience at this park?

The reason I am looking at this RV park is the sites seem to have plenty of space. We like a little privacy while camping. Looking at videos of Gulf State park made the sites look rather large.

We do not know the area and are not set on staying here. If someone could recommend a different park in the same area I would be open to it.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I suggest that you use the Campground Reviews website and search for parks near Gulf Shores. There are lots of them and the reviews on the website will give you far more feedback then you ever will get from this forum.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Ken Faris

Ken Faris
    Expand Collapse

We're staying at Magnolia Farms RV Park in Foley, AL. about a 1/2 hour from the beaches during January and February. When I last talked to the park, they had a few spaces that may be available during those dates. Good Luck

4. Bama Camper

Bama Camper
    Expand Collapse

Consider Big Lagoon State Park in Pensacola. Relatively private sites compared to a commercial campground, good rates. It's a well maintained Florida State Park that is more "out of the way". It does not really have a beach, like Gulf State Park does though, if that's what you're looking for. It's about 25 minutes East of Gulf State Park and "the strip". It does not have FHU. If you do want the beach and stay at Big Lagoon, you can access the public beach near Gulf State Park. Also, if you camp in the area, check out the Naval Air Museum.

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Amanda L

Amanda L
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a beach person, but I found Gulf State Park to be very nice. Full hook-ups, and I think a level pad. We found the restrooms to be fairly clean. They have a nice pool.
    We did not use the beach. We had planned to take the kids, since the oldest one loves the beach; however, she was worn out from Disney (we went to GSP on the way home), and she just wanted to be home.
    GSP isn't on the beach, but I understand that you can drive your vehicle and parking is free in a particular lot for GSP's guests.