New in Class A Motorhome

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by RVL207657, Nov 12, 2019.

1. RVL207657

RVL207657
    Expand Collapse

Started camping many years ago in Tents. Moved to a Popups then to a bumper pulls then on to 5th wheels. Now at 75 years young a used Class A. Bought it in June this year. I have traveled to Indy, Terre Haute to Land Between the Lakes and back home. Added a Tow Dolly and small Honda to the mix. Left home traveled to Charleston SC for wa week then through GA back home.
    I have been very cautious in learning as much as I can to drive just the Coach then adding the TD. I feel comfortable in driving the unit. I truly want to be as safe as humanly possible. But Prayers are always welcome for the safety of others.
    Thanks to this website I have gained a ton of useful info on so many subjects. It has been so helpful. I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to the You Tubers. I have watched a zillion videos giving me so much wonderful and helpful info.

Now to my question. As a 74 year old widower I want to take an approx. 5000 mile journey from here in East Tennessee south to the Gulf thru Texas out to AZ then north into Utah up the east slope of the Rockies into S Dakota then back to the east.
    That is a lot of traveling and I'm contemplating finding a travel partner mainly to have someone to share the experience. There would be only one requirement from me. They would have to pay for all their personal expenses. All the expenses that I would normally incur traveling by myself are to be paid by me. Any expense outside of what I would incur They would pay.

I'm a DAV and have mobility issues so I'm not very physically active. It would be great if the person has a DOD ID Card because I plan on Camping at some Military Bases and the ID Card is necessary to get on the Compound.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi RVL207657 and welcome to the forum. Lots of great folks aboard, some with decades of RV experience and knowledge. Your own background that you described makes you one of them no doubt. I guess my first question in response to your question regarding a travel companion. Are you looking for a female or male to make this upcoming journey with? Things can and usually will go differently when it comes to sharing expenses depending on which gender you choose. Overall however were it me in your shoes I'd be having a good heart to heart talk with your chosen companion and between them and myself would set down some mutually agreed to decisions that cover all areas of expenses and needs, etc. Sounds like a great trip to me, hope it works out as you plan it to. If you happen to need some suggestions on where to visit and stay by all means throw that out to the forum as you will find a whole bunch of folks jumping in to give you their suggestions and ideas. I will for sure be able to give you my suggestions with regards to Arizona as we've spent some time there over the years. Best of everything to you as you venture out with your new motorhome. When we got into RVing we jumped right into the fray by purchasing a Class A and never looked back. We enjoy it more and more with every trip we make. One last thing before I sign off, make sure and post reviews of the places you do stay at, on the flip side of this site. And if you want to find out about a particular RV park or campground before you leave or make reservations at it, etc. do read the reviews on it as you will find them very informative and full of good stuff..................

Regards, BankShot.........(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Paythebill and RVL207657 like this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

yeah I agree with Terry about discussing everything up front.... their might be some negotiating before everything is ironed out on who's paying for what.

Don't forget to post lots of reviews on your Rving adventures and don't be shy about posting on the forum as were friendly here! :cool:

Thank you for your service to our country.

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  4. RVL207657

RVL207657
    Expand Collapse

Paythebill likes this.
  5. RVL207657

RVL207657
    Expand Collapse

Thanks MD. I had already decided to put everything on the table , out in the open. In fact If i do fined someone we'll talk several times probably repeating myself several times.
    I'll try to share my story about the trip every day because truthfully you guys will be my family as I travel.
    Thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

BankShot likes this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I too agree in is wise to discuss everything up front. I would also go one step further, write down the agreement and sign it by all involved parties.

mdcamping and BankShot like this.