minnesota to Glacier and beyond circle tour

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Tony and Kristen, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Tony and Kristen

Tony and Kristen
    Expand Collapse

Happy new years every one! I have about a week and a half at the end of June for vacation. I have a 26' ultra light. I will be leaving Minnesota and want to do a circle back to here. I worry about not being able to reserve sites at the parks as they are firs come first serve. Any suggestions about what other places to camp at on the way back? Is one week enough?

2. lianot

lianot
    Expand Collapse

I am also going to relax in Minnesota and am looking for solutions to this problem.

3. Eric Straughn

Eric Straughn
    Expand Collapse

As some else stated not all sites are first come first served. There are many web sites to help you locate campgrounds near GNP that you should reserve in advance. Last year we traveled from Minnesota to the Pacific Northwest. It was a fabulous trip and Glacier was one of the highlights.

Be sure to take the historic Red Bus Tour that takes you up Going-to-the-Sun Road to Logan Pass. It's well worth the money and you can skip the scary drive, sit back and enjoy the "Jammer's" fun and informative narrative.

You'll miss a lot by only planning 1 1/2 weeks to travel from MN to Glacier and back again.

Safe Travels