New website look

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Ken wittick, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Ken wittick

Ken wittick
    Expand Collapse

Really hate this new look .very confusing

Paythebill likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Ken - Give it some time, there have been changes in the past that took a while to get accustomed to but once the "kinks" get worked out things will fall into place and become the norm again. At least this is what I've noticed and been part of since I joined CR. There are a few things I'm still trying to get use to but slowly they are starting to fall into place and hopefully they will for you also. In the meantime don't be a stranger here on the forum as you no doubt have ideas and suggestions that will be welcomed here. We all are RVers and we have some great folks aboard who contribute tons of good stuff to everyone.....................

Happy New Year!!!..
    .........BankShot............(aka Terry)

Cyclonic and Paythebill like this.
  3. 5th wheel cmpr

5th wheel cmpr
    Expand Collapse

Member since 2009. The new website is terrible and provides much extraneous information. Color me unsubscribed.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Normally I would not get anymore involved in this new website adversity that keeps coming front and center but this time I will just say to the poster above (5th wheel camper) perhaps you should read a few of the posts by other members, including the one from yours truly above, and several of the admins who are all trying their hardest to resolve the problems that exist and work together when a website goes thru changes such as CRs is going thru currently. I see you have made one post on the forum in the 10 years you have been a member and you have the gall to tear down a website with your two sentence very negative post. Perhaps it is a good thing you are leaving as CRs doesn't need members that can't see the forest for the trees. Everyone has the right to pick and choose the websites they belong to and become part of so by all means go find another one where you will hopefully be able to contribute in a positive manner and give change a chance when a change is needed and in process of being made. If you take this post as being too critical, fine by me, as I took yours as being such also and fair is fair...............

BankShot

#4 BankShot, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  5. HarleyGlider

HarleyGlider
    Expand Collapse

The old format was great. The new format, not so much. When searching in the old format, you would get a listing of campgrounds with a brief description. If it looks interesting, then you could click for further info. Now you get a listing with minimal information, just the rating, so you're constantly clicking for more info.Sometimes you have to just accept that your system is great. Newer isn't always better.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. brendajoro

brendajoro
    Expand Collapse

Ok Boomers. I resemble that remark. This site is like being on the beginning of the internet, and is so slow. I just posted on another thread and I agree with you Harley. What works for Millennial's isn't what we as seasoned campers want. I bet 80% of people on this site are boomers. The ads slow down loading everything and are so distracting in a bad, annoying way.
    I believe people in their 20's who think couch surfing is camping are the ones who tested this site. I can change accept change, if the change is better.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

AdBlock Plus solves that problem...

Paythebill likes this.