"What's Happening With The Home Page?"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Jan 20, 2020.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I just logged in and have been unable to go to the Home page to read reviews. Nothing there but a big red square at the bottom telling me to go to either the "App Store" or "Facebook"..........??? Can't pull up any reviews or get past this "new" Home page. Is this just a temporary thing or has something changed? Please advise.....

Thanks, BankShot................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. Groveite

Groveite
    Expand Collapse

Same thing here...

Paythebill likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Something is terribly messed up with the CR Home Page. Still unable to access reviews or even proceed any further than the "new look".........??? Tried accessing my profile page and all it tells me is that I have visited 39 RV parks, nothing else. Is anyone besides Groveite and myself experiencing this? I have posted this on the Help page also.................

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

All seems to be working once again. Weird what happened. Most likely a "glitch in the getalong"...???

BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

No problems here... everything seems to be working as designed. Now having said that let's define "as designed" LOL :rolleyes:

BankShot likes this.
  6. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We are working on these issues and appreciate your patience....

BankShot, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  7. Groveite

Groveite
    Expand Collapse

Back up and running now!!!

Paythebill likes this.
  8. shweflen

shweflen
    Expand Collapse

I just logged in and have been unable to go to the Home page to read reviews. Nothing there but a big red square at the bottom telling me to go to either the "App Store" or "Facebook"..........??? Can't pull up any reviews or get past this "new" Home page. Is this just a temporary thing or has something changed? Please advise.....ditto for me

#8 shweflen, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. shweflen

shweflen
    Expand Collapse

I am having the same problem - I have logged in but only have a page with the bare minimum and the red box about the apps - no reviews - no nothing

10. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Are you viewing on a mobile device or laptop or?

Can you try hard refreshing the page and see if it solves the issue?

BankShot likes this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Janet - I didn't do a thing to correct whatever was going on. After several attempts I logged out and then returned a short while later and logged back in to the Home Page and all was working again. Haven't a clue as to what might have caused the problem but evidently it affected several other members as well. I think your suggestion to do hard refresh might be the answer however in my case that was not needed. As I mentioned prior, sometimes weird "stuff" just happens I guess........:rolleyes:

Thanks for getting back to us on this, hope it doesn't go any further and doesn't affect others.........

Regards, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My computer tech son advises me that when strange things happen, a lot of the time if I do a restart, chances are the problem will sort itself out. My son says a lot of the problems have to do with Windows 10. Anyways, like Terry and Janet say, do a reboot and see if that helps.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  13. webe1959

webe1959
    Expand Collapse

As stated by others previously, the reviews are no longer viewable. Can see how many reviews were done but the reviews themselves are not available anywhere to be seen. This all started when the review site was "updated". Every since, I now log into RV Trip Wizard and then log into the reviews. Switch it back or fix this issue. And as to doing reboots... how many are required? I reboot everyday and it still hasn't worked since the update. Thanks.

Paythebill likes this.
  14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

With all due respect, I'm not sure what reviews you aren't seeing. The reviews for a park are on the park's page if you scroll down a bit. What other reviews aren't available to you?

Joel (AKA docj)

15. Bama Camper

Bama Camper
    Expand Collapse

webe1959 and shweflen - If you're on a phone instead of a computer, are looking at the Campground Reviews site or the RV Life advertisement? Just for grins, enter campgroundreviews.com (instead of using an app button) on your phone browser and see if that's what you're looking for.