Discrimination in new online booking for Discover BC

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by D-camping, Feb 27, 2020.

1. D-camping

D-camping
    Expand Collapse

It appears with the new online booking software for Discover BC you are now unable to book anything 20 ft and over for camp sites you may have previously in years gone by have booked. For example Golden Ears park will not take bookings for our 24 ft RV although we have been going there with the same RV for 3 years. Have tried other campsites that we have previously been to in BC and get the same result. Some sites offer out 200 sites, 8 that will take a 24 footer where in the past there have been at least half.
    Tried contacting through email as suggested but received no answer except an automated return email that said it was received .Anybody else have the same problem ?

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am currently looking at reserving several sites at Mount Robson park and they have plenty of sites 65 to 80 ft long that are reservable. I will have to check out others to see if there has been any change.
    On Discover BC Camping there doesn't seem to be any consistency in how the sites are described and I have found that it is safer to book a site for one that has a picture of it. That way I can estimate if my rig will fit in it. Sometimes I will input a shorter length for my RV when using the filters for what sites are suitable.
    Okay, I see what you mean by the changes using your trailer as an example. It appears the filter for length of trailer is not working right. Try leaving that part out and go with the type of rig whether it is large or very large. I have a motorhome and don't need to input length of trailer and have no problems then getting more sites that are suitable.

#2 Onemoretrail, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020