Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Glad you got the review through, I also write my reviews on MS word first. Besides what you mentioned, also having the reviews on MS word first gives me a chance to edit the reviews before posting on this site.

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  2. Merikay MacKenna

Merikay MacKenna
    Expand Collapse

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Merikay MacKenna

Merikay MacKenna
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a good plan. I was totally supraised, and confused by the new look for Campground reviews. Personally I hate change, but expect that after awhile I will get used to it. I had been thinking about dropping another review site I pay for, since CGR always had more information, but I guess I'll wait to see if your current problems are solved.

Rjjjbrown and Paythebill like this.
  4. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

5. bikenorth51

bikenorth51
    Expand Collapse

I can no longer trust the reviews on this site. It appears that the admins only want good things in the reviews. Not actual facts. Such is a commercial enterprise.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I can only assume that your comment was made as a result of our decision not to post reviews about park refund policies. We came to that decision after much discussion and soul-searching primarily because we strongly believe that the purpose of a review website is not to air legal and/or contractual issues relating to disagreements between an RV park and its customers. There is no way for our website administrators to know a priori who is right and who is wrong in any particular case and we elected not to make our website part of the dispute. We knew that this this would not please everyone but we believe, in the long run, it is in the best interests of our users.

Cyclonic and Paythebill like this.
  7. devour_transform_wander

devour_transform_wander
    Expand Collapse

I have had a couple of times in the last few days where I have submitted reviews with photos. When checking back the next day, I notice that the photos I added with my review are showing on the campground's page (with descriptions and tags) but my reviews aren't posting. Is this common? FYI, the reviews don't show in my account either, not even as pending. (But the photos do)

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Reviews and photos are approved separately, so yes, it is very common for one to be posted before the other. And as you found out, if photos are posted first, they are displayed on the park page and then added to the review when it is posted.

As for not seeing your reviews, we currently have 6 reviews from you which are displayed on your account/profile page. All were submitted on 4-13:

Safe Harbor posted 4-14
    Downtown Riverside posted 4-14
    Three Flags posted 4-14
    Lafayette KOA posted 4-13
    Gulf Coast posted 4-13
    Natchez Trace Rocky Springs posted 4-14

As you can see, some of them were just recently posted today, so it is possible that when you looked for them, they had not been approved yet.

If you still do not see your reviews on your profile or if there other reviews you submitted that are not listed above, please let us know, and the best way to do this is by clicking on the Contact link found at the bottom of each page. Thanks for sending your reviews to CGR.

Cyclonic and Paythebill like this.
  9. devour_transform_wander

devour_transform_wander
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! That's kind of what I thought, but since I was catching up on reviews, I didn't want to get too far ahead without making sure everything was going well.

Thanks again for the response, and I will reach out if I have additional questions.

Happy Trails!
    Lloyd & Sandy

Cyclonic likes this.
  10. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge
    Expand Collapse

Not a complaint but in the past (if memory is correct), I received an email when my review posts. I don't recall seeing one for my last review. Just curious and if sending out review posted emails isn't done anymore (or was never done) it isn't really an issue. I rely on CGR to help me make all my camping decisions but tend to go back to those I thought were outstanding.

Rjjjbrown likes this.
  11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are supposed to get an email telling you that your review has been posted. If you are not getting them, you might check your spam folder to see if they are being sent there.

12. Rjjjbrown

Rjjjbrown
    Expand Collapse

I’m having similar issues. I can’t find anything like I used too. Overall the website is very disappointing now. Between the ads, links not working, the inability to search for a campsite the way we used too and bugs I’m beyond frustrated. I relied on the website to easily find campgrounds in various area and the ease to read the reviews - this is just horrible now.

13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I've been using CGR since day one when we first started traveling by RV. Have gone thru several changes and upgrades to the site over those years and yes, a few have taken some time to get accustomed to. For the most part I have had no problems with any of them other than the 'learning curves' that eventually straightened out. I do want to add one thing to this thread that to me is a BIG negative, and that is the map that is used that replaced the Google Earth map. This map to me is useless. I have a 27" monitor and I still can't read the print on the roadways and various areas on the map and it will only allow you to zoom down a short way which does no real good. Also the street level view that Google Earth had is a thing of the past. I know there was a higher cost involved to use Google Earth and the dollars just don't come out of thin air to cover that added cost, Hopefully in the future there will be a much better map available that can replace the one being used currently. Might as well not even have a map than to use this one. That's my only negative feature for the site, everything else is working just fine and to those above that are not pleased with it, read the posts by Texasrvers, docj, Janet H, mdcamping, and a few others, and take what is being said as being helpful and willing to make navigating the site a lot easier for you. Nothing is perfect but the Admins are trying their best to get as close to that as they can without having to charge members for what they now get for FREE..............

Regards to all, Bankshot................(aka Terry)

14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I too have endured the changes and upgrades over the years. I'm still not convinced that all were necessary but I'm not a big techie so I just rolled with them the best I could. But one very important aspect of this site is the maps. I agree with Terry. They now suck. I have Google Earth running along side CCR when planning my trips. I don't waste my time trying to use anything on CCR except the reviews.

Darrell

mdcamping, Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

As a user of CGR I agree that the maps are horrible, and I, too, have Google maps up and ready to look at when I make my own travel plans. As an admin I do not like these maps any better, and while I am not privy to all decisions made by the website owner, I do know there were some changes made on the Google side, and I understand that is why our change to a different map had to be made. Now "both" of us are really hoping something can be worked out in the future to bring back Google maps. Hang in there and maybe this will happen. Thanks for your support.

mdcamping and Rollin Ollens like this.
  16. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear that we may eventually have access to either a Google Earth map again or one that is 'way mo betta' than the current one that, as I mentioned prior, is basically useless. Thanks Texasrvers for giving us some hope that at least this is being looked at..............:)

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Please understand that I have no indication that this will happen. I am just hoping like you are.

mdcamping likes this.
  18. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------
    I understand what you are saying and didn't meant to take it out of text so to speak. I guess I'm just hoping a tad too much that a map change may happen down the road but in the meantime like you, Darrell, and others are doing, I also keep Google Earth running on another page and use it instead of "the thing" we have running currently.................

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  19. Calvin Heinly

Calvin Heinly
    Expand Collapse

New IOS update and now getting 404 error in app when trying to post a review please fix this asap

Thanks

20. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

^^ Thank you for letting us know, this has been reported.