Good Sam Mail Forwarding

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by standoris, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Claudia and Pat

Claudia and Pat
    Expand Collapse

2. Stan47

Stan47
    Expand Collapse

We used Good Sam's forwarding service in 2003 or 2004 and it was awful. The mail was running 4 to 5 weeks behind.

But I have not found any way to have mail forwarded that did not carry some disadvantage. We did a temporary address change to my sister's house last summer, and she'd forward important stuff when we called her and asked. But some of our magazine issues got lost, and on a few important matters--such as our voter registration--our address somehow was permanently changed. Seven months later, sis is still getting some of our mail, though most of it is duplicate copies of what we are receiving at home.

Probably the most foolproof method is to have a neighbor collect your mail and forward it when you ask them to. Assuming you have a willing and trustworthy neighbor. Ours next-door would have been happy to oblige last trip, but they were traveling during part of the time we were away.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Stan47 @ May 24 2009, 08:15 PM) [snapback]16581[/snapback]

Probably the most foolproof method is to have a neighbor collect your mail and forward it when you ask them to. Assuming you have a willing and trustworthy neighbor. Ours next-door would have been happy to oblige last trip, but they were traveling during part of the time we were away.

I think you are right.... but I just HATE asking people to do that.......

4. Tommy Tourist

Tommy Tourist
    Expand Collapse

When I first started this Good Sam service back in 2015 they were great. Not too long after they sold this part of the AARP to a private company and they screwed it up big time. First, the rates went up by 100 percent, and then went up another 100 percent, and all the services they provide like mail forwarding went up god knows how much. Once I realized what was happening I dumped it. Now there are a number of choices, many of which are just as good and far less expensive.

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum, but note that the thread you're replying to is from 2009.