Mallard M32?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MR Smith17, Jul 9, 2020.

1. MR Smith17

MR Smith17
    Expand Collapse

Looking at a heartland Mallard M32 BH. The other was just too expensive. Any one have any experience with these? Help me out here people! Haha! Thanks!

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

I have no direct experience with this particular model, but generally speaking if/when you do your pre-delivery inspection (PDI) make sure they test everything possible with you there. Make sure all the cabinets, windows etc close correctly. All the moldings/trim is tight to the trailer. If you notice any water leaks, walk away. My 2 cents

Heartlands parent company is thor industries, some of the products under thor are entrance level so just be aware

Good luck :cool:
    Mike

#2 mdcamping, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum MR Smith17. Like Mike (aka mdcamping) I have no knowledge of the RV you are contemplating buying. What he said makes good sense because it seems nowadays unless you are buying a really "top shelf" RV. many manufacturers are cutting corners and costs to save a buck and put more to their bottom lines, etc. We own a Holiday Rambler motorhome, a late 2009 model. A while back we thought we might check out a newer version of what we have. I couldn't believe the "cheapness" we discovered after checking out a couple of different floorplans. What was once solid wood was now some sort of cheap plastic-like veneer. The trim and moldings were out of align in many areas and to make a long story short, the entire coach fell short in most all other areas as well. I told the saleperson that I wouldn't trade ours straight across for one of their new models. And guess what, the guy actually agreed with what I had said. He then told me they were strongly considering not representing the line any longer due to all the complaints they have had in the past couple of years. I'll end this on that note and just say be careful before you plunk down your money on something that may look great on the surface but underneath is a piece of junk. In saying this please realize this is just my "incredibly humble opinion" :D but it's based upon the reality of what we experienced and saw for ourselves. Enjoy whatever you do purchase and have many fun and exciting adventures with it. Make sure to post reviews of the parks and campgrounds you stay at,
    on the "flip side" of CGR .........................

Regards, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

#3 BankShot, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020