"On The Road Again....FINALLY!!!"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jul 24, 2020.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We are one week away from getting the heck outta Dodge to go breathe some fresh ocean air and try to forget about all this COVID19 crap going on across the country. We have missed taking two trips so far this year due to the shutdowns of the RV parks and campgrounds and of course the lock-downs implemented by federal, state, and local governments. A close friend asked me the other day what we will do if we can't get back into California from Oregon and have to go into a 14 day quarantine period, etc. I told him we'd worry about that if and when it would happen and that we'd probably be able to go straight home but if not then we'd just find a nice stretch of beach somewhere and dry camp. He had no clue as to what that meant as he is not an RVer, so I had to explain what that meant. Needless to say we are chomping at the old bit to get back out on the road again and hope by chance to possibly run into some of you from Campground Reviews along the way. Doesn't happen very often but it has happened and it's always nice to "bump elbows" with fellow Campground Reviews members No posts from BankShot during our "escape" as we leave everything behind and at home except of course for our cellphones.............:D

"On The Road Again".............FINALLY!!!, BankShot................(aka Terry)

2. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Have fun!

Good for you to leave home the gadgets. If
    I was with someone who would do hiking and play games, I would leave electronics at home. But I'm always either by myself or with someone who won't do those things with me.

mdcamping likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

You mean you want to go back to California? :D ;)

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

mdcamping likes this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry enjoy your trip!

Mike

BankShot likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike, we are really looking forward to this trip after a way too long dry spell sitting on the launch pad. Hope you and your family are all in good health and enjoying some time on the road also. I plan on mixing up a big batch of margaritas on Wed that will be enjoyed while we sit and watch the boats come in and got out of the small harbor and marina we will be docked at................

All the best to you, Terry

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hey Terry, from years of experience I have found that adult drinks always seem to go down better while camping, :cool: :p... hmmm or is that the reason why we go camping? :p :p

Stay safe and enjoy your trip!!

Mike

Rollin Ollens and BankShot like this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Two more days and we be outta here and heading north into Oregon to take in some ocean air breathing for 8 days. Just to get away after a long time sitting on the launch pad will be so nice. The weather looks to be perfect the entire time there and not too awfully hot going or coming back. A few more things to put inside "the beast" and we be gone. Hope a lot of you fellow RVers are able to get out on the roads also and get away from the everyday COVID19 crap we have all been subjected to now going on 6 or more months from when it all began. And yes we will take our masks and yes we will wear them whenever we are inside stores and markets, etc. but no way on this green old earth will you catch us with them on when we are sitting outdoors by our coach, margaritas in hand, and just a few feet away from the bay we will be docked at. Not a chance........:p

Everyone travel safe and be well, BankShot............(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Onemoretrail like this.
  9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Drinks are to be shaken and stirred, not strained.:D

BankShot and mdcamping like this.