What's the single most important?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by treesprite, Jul 31, 2020.

1. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

I'm interested in knowing what people think is the single most important thing inside of an RV that not all of them have.

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll take a stab. Most important thing in our RV is the bathroom. I could deal without having most of the other comforts, but having a toilet available in the middle of night is so much better than having to get dressed, finding a flashlight and stumbling your way to the campground bathroom.

Next most important would probably be the refrigerator.

Chris g.

Violett, Rollin Ollens and treesprite like this.
  3. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

I 100% agree on the toilet. I see no sense in having a private place with hard walls to sleep in and stay cozy in, if my cozy comfy has to be abruptly disrupted by going out in the dark and cold just to pee. I can't get back to sleep if I get fully wakened that way. Even my cozy Kia Soul micro camper has a portable camp toilet and enough room to use it, so I don't understand why anything sold as an RV wouldn't have anything at all (popups and teardrops mainly).

I can do without a fridge, but I do have a nice thermoelectric AC/DC tiny thing that will drop the temp as low as 64f below ambient temp (most this size only get to 34f below ambient). I can plug into car while driving, and plug into outlet at electric site or at home or work (when trying to keep my stash from getting stolen). It takes a long time to cool down when turned on, so the temp being as cold as 64 below ambient, just means things don't get too warm if I stop driving and turn off the car engine. It's the right size for a couple burgers and some cheese, butter, a drink,, other small items.

#3 treesprite, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with Chris. The lou is very important.......so is the fridge, microwave, stove TV etc but my second most important asset is the shower. I like my shower. I know it's clean and I don't have to mess about packing my shampoo and stuff down the road and I don't like putting clean cloths on a dirty body to get there or putting dirty clothes on a clean body to come back. Using a campground shower is just too much work for me.

Darrell

SRRP, treesprite and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  5. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Campground showers are definitely not the best. I like having campfires late into the night while enjoying the stars, which means taking a shower in the bath house in the middle of the night so I won't have to go to bed with spot on me, nor get my bedding smelling like a campfire. It's kind of creepy.

6. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha, I don't have a bathroom or shower in my RV, and am fine with that.

In the RV I'm not so sure, and I don't know that there is anything in there that I can't live without. For me it is the sum of the whole, a safe, dry place to spend the night. A more comfortable bed than sleeping on the ground. It is also nice not having set up or break down a tent in the rain :D

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  7. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

What sort of RV do you have?

8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

I have a 2012 T@B, a larger teardrop trailer. They do offer a version with a wet bath, in fact they come standard with it now, but ours does not have one and I am fine with that.

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I'm going with a fully equipped bathroom and a fridge. Everything else falls in behind those two things. As Fitzjohnfan said, having to get up in the middle of the night, especially when it's raining, to go find the park facilities and hoping you have the correct combination to get in, is just not our cup of tea. And an onboard fridge to keep food and drink, etc.at the ready anytime is also a necessity in our RVing book. We can do without a TV, a radio and even a furnace if that's how it had to be. We rarely use the furnace other than in the winters when it's nice to turn it on to take the chill off early in the morning. We almost always use a small portable heater for the majority of any heat we need.............

BankShot................(aka Terry)

treesprite likes this.
  10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

And then for some others.............AIR CONDITIONING! We have experienced a bit of a heat wave here in the eastern slope of the Canadian Rockies. There are not many homes in this neck of the woods with A\C. We now have a number of campers in our park simply because their rigs have A\C. Whoda thunk??

treesprite and BankShot like this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------
    I totally forgot about AC Darrell, thanks for mentioning it as it is of course a much needed thing when the heat comes around for a stay. I guess we just get so use to some things we forget about them. If we didn't have AC in our coach I'd probably just buy a big block of ice, put it in the sink and turn a fan on to blow over it until it melted and needed to be replaced..............:D

Hope you and the boss are doing well and enjoying the summer months up there on that eastern slope of the Canadian Rockies.............

All the best, Terry..............(aka Bankshot)

12. ThomasCamper

ThomasCamper
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes I need an internet connection but on the other hand camping is the way how I try to escape from social media addiction :)

13. Violett

Violett
    Expand Collapse

it is true!!!!

14. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't thinking about utilities, but not having AC makes or breaks trips to specific locations at specific times.

15. RideSlow2004

RideSlow2004
    Expand Collapse

Bathroom.
    Bed.
    Light to read by.
    These are my RV minimums.
    I do tent camp off my motorcycle, so that is a little different.

16. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

A real shower and a real fresh water storage tank to go with it!

Mike