Filter Suggestion

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Zylawy, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Zylawy

Zylawy
    Expand Collapse

Hello All,

I am looking to move out west with a 5th wheel with family and dogs. Can we get a filter with 4 season RV sites? I'm looking for something for 2-5 years.

Regards,
    Stephen Zylawy

Linking24 likes this.
  2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Confused by what your asking? What filter?

3. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Can you be a bit more specific where out west? Makes a big difference between the coast and the mountains.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I think he means a campground that is open year round, so they can live there for 2-5 years. We do need to know what "out west" means though. Lots of states could fall into that category.

5. Zylawy

Zylawy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I mean BC closest to any of the large cities. Vancouver or Victoria. Abbotsford isn't out of the question. Alberta is ok, as long as it's about an hour from Calgary or Edmonton.

As much as I would love to move to the USA, I need a work VISA and the boarder to be open.

6. Zylawy

Zylawy
    Expand Collapse

to add here, when searching for sites, I'm looking for all season camp grounds INCLUDING winter. I found about 5 so far, but they are hard come by in Canada.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I can see how this filter would be helpful to our users. I will pass along your suggestion to our website developers. Thanks for your support.

8. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

However, the devil is in the detail, as it usually is. Some parks that accept seasonal campers have a limited number of such sites and they sometimes aren't in the prime part of the camp. Would we need to disclose that information, also? IMO one way or another people have to call a park to find out if they accept seasonal rentals and whether there's a waiting list for such sites, etc. I don't think it's the role of CGR to act as a substitute for a park's own website. If we put all conceivable information about a park in our listings, why should a park even maintain a website? Just an exaggeration, but I hope you can see my point.

Linking24 likes this.
  9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

There are quite a few in the BC Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island, but you better hurry and get on a waiting list. There are reports that since the US Canada border will likely be closed there are many snowbirds heading to BC instead. There may be only 3-4 thousand vacancies and possibly 10 times that many looking for a place to stay.
    Check out the listings here on Campground Reviews for the areas I mentioned. Around Vancouver and Victoria most of the campgrounds are open year round, but there may be many permanent residents there. I would phone the campgrounds to find out if there is anything available. Now.

10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Vancouver has a number of parks that are open year round that are also long term. Burnaby Cariboo RV Park, Peace Arch RV Park and Capilano River RV park as well as a few towards Langley come to mind. Victoria has Fort Victoria, Salish Seaside RV Haven, Oceanside RV Resort and there are a couple in Duncan BC as well as Nanaimo. Calgary does have some parks open year round but remember winters there can be harsh. I doubt there are any with full plumbing available but Mountain View, Spring Hill, and Bow Rivers Edge come to mind. We have been to Bow Rivers Edge. They have a dump station that stays open and will deliver water to your rig when you need it but keeping your RV Plumbing safe from the cold is a real challenge. We added extra heat to the wet compartment but found that the "overflow/fill vent" still froze so it was not possible to fill the fresh water tank. The only reason we were there in the cold was because we had to come back from the south early because of COVID. I would never do it again.

Darrell