Hunting Island State Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Hargergirl, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hargergirl

Hargergirl
    Expand Collapse

I would love to go to Hunting Island State Park but have a few reservations after hearing site descriptions with trees tearing off the side of the trailer. Also I understand one of the loops was relocated because of water erosion.
    Has anyone been there and can suggest an ocean view site where we could get our 30ft. TT in without doing damage?

2. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Hargergirl @ Nov 4 2010, 04:05 PM) [snapback]24798[/snapback]

I would love to go to Hunting Island State Park but have a few reservations after hearing site descriptions with trees tearing off the side of the trailer. Also I understand one of the loops was relocated because of water erosion.
    Has anyone been there and can suggest an ocean view site where we could get our 30ft. TT in without doing damage?

Welcome Harpergirl,

Have a look at this map;
    http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/files/St...d/HICampMap.pdf

As you want to have an ocean view site you will be limited to 20-30 amps. If that is ok with you, I have good news for you. The area south of the Park store is situated under high trees with no low-hanging limbs or other obstacles. Most campsites there are fairly large, so once you find a spot your trailer will fit on according to the size given by the reservation system you should have no problem.

3. flourpedal

flourpedal
    Expand Collapse

I just returned from Hunting Island today and saw many big rigs in the loop near the beach, so I don't think you'll have a problem. When making your reservation, you will be asked what size your TT is and they tell you what sites will accommodate you.
    And yes, some of the sites on the loop closest to the ocean have been relocated due to erosion. The site I have reserved every year has been relocated, but I was very pleased with the new location.
    Enjoy this park while it's still here. Supposedly, 15 feet of beach front is lost each year.

4. whiten

whiten
    Expand Collapse

Just booked site 81 for june, hoping I wont have problems getting in/out of site. Read some reviews that trees may be in way of slides and such, I have a 30ft TT with slide on back.

Also do they allow golf carts in park? I have a SC road sticker and insurance.

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, this one got my attention. Curious, why would you post saying, "I love this place because this IS the best place for coyote hunting" and then respond to your own post and ask, "IS this the best place for coyote hunting?"............:confused:. Again, just trying to figure out what you are trying to say or tell everyone? Welcome to the forum, hope you figure out exactly what it is you are posting about....:rolleyes:

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Aliceberry16 - - - And just in case you didn't notice. this thread you are responding to is going on 10 years old and It is doubtful the OP or other folks that did respond back then are possibly still around and/or even remembering this thread by now..............???

Bankshot..................(aka Terry)

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My guess it's spam

8. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Looks like it is.

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Yup, looks like it was just a spammer trying to do some infiltration. Both posts I responded to have been taken out and good riddance is what I say. These scammers must think we are a bunch of dummies as they certainly do keep trying. This one really grabbed me because the poster made a positive statement then responded to her own post and then asked if what she had said prior was true, etc. Hmm, I wonder who the dummies really are.............:rolleyes:

Onward we go, BankShot.................(aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

yup, because this forum is smaller and has a good nature to it, they will try to take advantage of that.

Mike

BankShot likes this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Spam and eggs, Spam and beans, Spam sandwiches, Spam and grits, Spam and ice cream (YUK!), Spam and fried potatoes, Spam and watercress, Spam with chocolate sauce, Spam and gravy, Spam and fried green tomatoes, Spam and jello (double YUK!), Spam and a glass of beer, and so on. And now we have Spam and CGR. What is the world coming to...............:eek:

BankShot..............(aka Spam and Terry)

mdcamping likes this.