Building a business plan

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by nick220, Nov 14, 2020.

1. nick220

nick220
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure where to post these questions. I did not see a place for campground owners.

I just got back from the SBA to help me start my business plan. They told me they can help me getting a loan for the land and building the campground.

I have several questions if you do not mind answering.

Did you get one construction company to do the whole project or did you subcontract it out yourself?

How did you find the company to do your work?

Any recommended companies around Georgia?

Since I do not have the land yet to get estimates how would I know how much I need to borrow?

How much did you spend to build per campsite?

Did you have to get a architect ?

Any recommended insurance companies i should called?

Do you have a an Attorney on retainer just in case something happens or to draw up paperwork for you?

2. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like you need professional assistance. I would suggest using a campground Consulting firm. Some of the reputable ones are Staves Consulting- Homer Staves, David Gorin of GorinCohen, and Bud Styer and Associates- Bud Styer. They aren't cheap, but they will put you on the right path and save you money in the long run. They can help with park layout and design, business plan development, do traffic and profitability studies and projections, and help with determining what approval hoops will need to be navigated.
    You have to realize you are going to need to not only meet the requirements of SBA, but also all the requirements of the State and Local governments. They will almost be completely independent of each other. Depending upon the jurisdictions it could take anywhere from 6 months to 2+ years to get all the governmental approvals before you break ground. Good Luck

nick220 and mdcamping like this.
  3. Lantanarver

Lantanarver
    Expand Collapse

ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!! SALES CONTRACT WITH LAND SELLER, AND ANY DEED RESTRICTIONS ON THE LAND DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE VETTED BY AN ATTORNEY. THIS IS IMPORTANT IF YOUR FUTURE LAND HAS DEED RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY COME IN TO PLAY. YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN NOT DO ON THE LAND. ..... HOPE THIS HELPS...

nick220 likes this.
  4. Nasabulkk

Nasabulkk
    Expand Collapse

A campground consulting firm could provide valuable insights and guidance as you navigate the complexities of building and operating a campground.

5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Were you able to build the campground?

6. WestonPierce

WestonPierce
    Expand Collapse

Building a business plan for a campground is a great endeavor. While the thread is from a while ago, I hope your plans have come together well.