King Omni Go antenna

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Travelinbandman, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Travelinbandman

Travelinbandman
    Expand Collapse

I have been connecting my new King Omni Go directly to my TV and running the cables to the antenna out the RV window. Attaching the Omni Go cable to the outside cable outlet doesn’t seem to work. Am I doing something wrong, or do I just keep running the cable out the window?

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Does, or did, your RV have a roof mounted antenna that may have had a power inserter/source switch in between the cable coax and your TV? If it does, I'd suggest disconnecting the cable and TV coax connections and then connecting them directly together with a double female bulkhead connector. I'm assuming you're connecting the King power inserter at the TV end. Another option would be to use the King power inserter as the splice to connect the two coax runs.

3. Travelinbandman

Travelinbandman
    Expand Collapse

Our 2021 Jayco Jayflight does have a built in antenna in the roof but only one cable that carries both antenna and cable connection that I can see. Just seems like there should be a way to connect an additional (better) antenna without having to drill a hole to run the cable to outside. Thanks for your help.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

No switch that controls whether the cable port or antenna connects to the TV?

5. Travelinbandman

Travelinbandman
    Expand Collapse

Cable/Antenna port is all I have with no switch. This week I'll see if I can contact King to see what they say. Thanks, again.