Portable Air Compressor

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by Travelinbandman, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Travelinbandman

Travelinbandman
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable air compressor that is convenient and reliable? I don't want to carry my Porter Cable. It is too large. I want something smaller and easy to use with plenty of lengthy cords. Recommendations?

2. Bama Camper

Bama Camper
    Expand Collapse

I've used a Viair 400P for many years. Very compact and well made. It will inflate 120PSI tires in a reasonable length of time. Hooks up to 12 volt battery with alligator clips. I did extend the 12 volt leads so it would be easier to locate the unit back by my rear trailer tires when in use (to operate the switch), but you can use it like it is by extending the pneumatic line to reach a trailer. There's no need for a reserve tank if you are only using it for tires which saves all the space. The price for these has recently increased, I think mine was $150.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-40043-...t=&hvlocphy=9012536&hvtargid=pla-435681310008

#2 Bama Camper, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  3. Travelinbandman

Travelinbandman
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I will check this out. Seems a little pricey, but that is really not an issue. We are headed out west again in April, and I want to be able to check my tire pressure periodically as distances can be long between gas-ups. One concern is to be able to plug in to 12V in my truck or connect to my TT battery and be able to reach our dual axles. TT is 25'. Thanks, again.