RV insurance

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by mdcamping, Feb 12, 2021.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

For years now we have had AAA RV Plus.

Insurance allows up to 5 times per year towing at 100 miles per brake down. So far we have never needed to use the insurance for our TT.

In the next year or so we will most likey be selling our TT and buying a 30' Class A. I hear alot about Coach Net, anything more specific they offer vs AAA. Or other Rv insurance carriers?

our overall liability will increase about $230 per year with AAA

Thanks Mike

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Mike - - - We are currently using Coach Net and so far have not had to call on them for anything. There are several reliable companies out there including Good Sam that have overall good ratings so my suggestion would be to contact a few of them for rate info, deductibles and the other covrerages they provide. Some have towing included at no extra charge and some assess an extra charge for it. Hope your purchase of the new Class A goes smoothly for you and that you learn to be a "bus driver" quickly and efficiently.....:D So much different than towing but for us it's the only way to travel. Good luck with finding and signing up with a good carrier,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

All the best, Terrty................(aka BankShot)

mdcamping likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to mention that several years ago we were with National General and when we had our "catastrophic" tire blowout back in 2014 they covered the entire repairs that totaled just over $13,000 plus paid for the $650 tow to the shop that did all the repairs. The broker we were using at the time switched us over to our current company, SafeCo. NOT COACH NET as I also indicated above, as they were able to give us a lower rate and decuctibles, etc. Sorry for the error. We have several different companies we use for different coverages and it is difficult at times to tell which one is for which vehicle..........:rolleyes: If I have made any other errors or typos, so be it...............:p

Terry not Terrty as indicated above due to my typo...o_O...........(aka BankShot)

#3 BankShot, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    mdcamping likes this.
  4. Sandy Small

Sandy Small
    Expand Collapse

We just changed from safeco to progressive, same coverage for half the premium. And we also have coachnet.

mdcamping likes this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry I had called about tire blows out, they said I'm covered. I know some rvers that have had problems with cracked glass, I checked into that too.

Years ago on our past TT our awning got trashed from a sudden microburst. At the time we had travelers, because the awning was attached to the outside of the trailer they wouldn't cover it, said we needed a differant policy that covered "exterior" awning coverage .. :mad:

Mike