"Where's Everyone Hiding???"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Feb 22, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Rick, nice to have you back and posting again. It is amazing how retirement life can take up so much of our 'retired time'.:D I found that out not too long after I cashed my last pay check. Glad you are enjoying WB RV Resort. We never stayed that long there, our usual stay was about a week or so and then we moved on. One of the nicest parks on the coast that's for sure. We didn't make our normal year in advance reservations before we left last August due to the noise factor that has slowly increased over the years. What once was most always a peaceful and quiet park has now become a steady line of 'outsiders' going back and forth down the main road to go fishing or crabbing, etc. Most drive noisy trucks or other vehicles that drive way too fast also. Anyway, we spoke with two park hosts and the main office about it and they said there had been complaints about all that and there was going to be a meeting with the county to come up with a plan to 'slow things down' and to try and keep out those that aren't obeying the rules, etc. The road thru the park is a country road and is open to anyone wanting to go fishing or just sight seeing down at the 'point' area. I am going to call the office and find out if things have changed and if not then we probably won't be going back. If they have then we will book for next year as there isn't much of a chance we would get a waterfront site this late in the year for July or August. I noticed in your review that you had a site on the bay side and no doubt weren't exposed to the noise and commotion I was talking about being parked on the marina side. Changing the subject, have you eaten at Griff's yet or a few of the other cafes in the small village across the marina? Some of the best fish and chips and grilled salmon we've have eaten. Best end this before it turns into a novel. Take care, be well and enjoy your travels to the max..................

Best regards, Terry................(aka BankShot)

2. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

As you saw in my review, we normally would have gone south for a month or two, but for COVID and family reasons we stayed fairly close to home. We've had gale force winds the last two days with torrential rain. It was almost scary! The west side of the park is less protected than the boat basin side but it is quieter. When they built "The Point" I imagine the traffic increased. For us, the noisiest is when the Coast Guard helicopter does their low altitude practicing.
    I don't know if you've tried to find campsites this year but it may be nearly impossible to find a spot on the Oregon Coast this summer / fall.
    Due to COVID, my wife and I will not be dining out while here. To be truthful, we have only dined indoors twice and outdoors once in the last year!
    Other than the obvious "RV Life" thing, are there other things I ought to explore on the site to get caught up on the site?
    Best to you!
    RickB

3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

This seems to be the new norm. Folks are so tired of being penned up that any opportunity to "get away" is grabbed ASAP. This is the case in Western Canada right now too. This is great for RV Parks I guess but not so good for the "traveling" public. News reports locally are telling folks that it is illegal to book an Alberta Parks camp site and then try to resell at a profit. Scalping seems to be rampant right now. I hope things settle down and get back to normal soon now that vaxing is happening.

Darrell

4. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

Wow! I feel we may be dealing with this for a couple years - until camping (or glamping) falls out of favor with the yuppie types. RV's (with their well insulated comforts) have lengthened the camping season. No way I'd have camped on the Oregon coast in March without an RV... I know Oregon State Parks have changed rules on reservations as well, but SCALPING! WOW!