"No Waves Intended"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Apr 6, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Not trying to make 'waves' with this but I have often wondered why some posters, especially newer ones, will post a question seeing advice or even just asking for a suggestion as to what to do about a given situation. Several members will respond, including yours truly. Several days and/or weeks will go by without so much as a token 'thank you' or to let us know we were of help, etc. And in some cases the OP is never heard from again? Now I do realize it takes all kinds of folks to make up any forum and in some situations perhaps, something has happened to the OP to where they are unable to respond a second time. But this seems to happen often enough to rule that out in all instances. Correct me if I am discussing something inappropriate for the forum. Things such as this, I guess, 'bug me' a tad..........:rolleyes:

Happy summer ahead to all, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Dsmythe, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

It's a common issue on many forums when requested assistance is provided. The lack of response from the poster requesting the assistance makes those that do reply all the more appreciated.

Dsmythe, mdcamping, Cyclonic and 2 others like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Read you loud and clear Dutch. Probably shouldn't have even brought this up but as I stated prior, sometimes is just bugs me a tad.

Safe travels wherever you are traveling to or from, Terry................(aka BankShot)

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Bankshot....... can you say troll?

BankShot likes this.
  5. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

This happens on may of the various forums I visit. Many times the questions are such that a person with some expertise is needed to answer correctly, and others are just a not understanding some silly thing.question But it Bugs me too so your not alone.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

It takes just a few seconds to say "thanks" but the result lasts a long time. Perhaps manners are not being taught that much anymore. Oh, thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

Darrell

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

One problem I've seen is when folks post the same question to multiple related forums. The first forum read with the correct answer may get a reply, but the others go ignored. I don't know that it's intentional, but it does show disrespect for the members efforts on the other forums.

8. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I've been on forums for 20 years & not hearing back from an OP when they've received an answer or assistance to a posted question is nothing new. Yes, it would be nice if assistance is acknowledge, but I don't help to get the kudos. I help because I like to & if I do get a thank you, all the better. I'm not losing sleep over not being acknowledged though.