Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA, Broadway, VA

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Michael Dalberg, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Michael Dalberg

Michael Dalberg
    Expand Collapse

Check out our latest review of Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA off I81. This was our second stay at this campground. The campground is off of I-81 but it is a 3 mile winding, but beautiful trip to the campground. It is a very wooded campground with gravel sites and a picnic table. The campground offers delivery of firewood, ice, and other store items as well as cable TV as well as a swimming pool, dog park, hay rides, propane and more. The park offers pull through sites up to 75 feet in length. The location is great for touring the Shenandoah Valley area which we love to explore. You can visit Shenandoah National Park, travel along Skyline Drive, and visit Luray Caverns. None of these spots were open during the Covid-19 pandemic, but we always seem to find time to return to this beautiful area.
    Although this route home from Florida to NJ is a bit off the track for us we enjoy it and it cuts out going through Washington and Baltimore. Well worth a trip either for a night or extended stay. Check out our YouTube Video and don't forget to subscribe!

BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

treesprite likes this.
  3. Michael Dalberg

Michael Dalberg
    Expand Collapse

Hi I assume you mean the curves on the three mile road leading in? If so not tight at all. No trouble with my 38foot MH towing a JEEP. Just take them slow and all is good....and an excellent view. Inside the park is good as well

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

watched your video, liked the look of the KOA. Grounds looked well kept and scenic area.

On your video I couldn't help notice your mention about the lack of face masks at the KOA, here in New England it is polar opposite. 2 weeks ago we returned from a campground in MA, some of the new rules include:

Office allowed just 1 family in at a time, enter in front door, exit out back door. Plexiglass everywhere. where you signed for credit card charges was on a seprate table with sanitizer, sigh in pen was sanitized, all transactions were credit card only and of course everyone wears face masks.

We have a upcoming trip this weekend in CT, The day before we check in we have to e-mail a covid waiver, vet papers and all charges paid over the phone, office is closed. only allowed to have your mask off is at your campsite. The good news is I've been told the rules will be loosed up a little with the next phase.

Mike

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard the forum and CGR. Enjoyed your video, and in fact also watched a couple more. Very informative and some great scenery shown in the various RV parks you took videos in. Really liked the "pros & cons" video of your coach and the end where you both agreed you would buy the coach again as the pros really did outweigh cons. We have done the same thing with our coach and the verdict was the same as yours. No doubt you have many more great trips ahead so travel safe, stay healthy, and be sure to keep an eye out for the "crazies" out there on the road. They drive amongst us..........:eek:

All the best, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and Onemoretrail like this.
  6. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Great video, Michael. Adding a video to the written word makes a review so much better. Looking forward to future videos. I've got the alarm bell on.:)

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  7. zuraizk66

zuraizk66
    Expand Collapse

Since you mentioned about face mask, can you suggest to me where can I buy a face mask and gifts

8. zuraizk66

zuraizk66
    Expand Collapse

Someone suggested to me about banksy store for online shopping, should I go for it?

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

You could use the same face masks you've been using throughout the pandemic. No need to purchase anything special. What do you mean about "gifts"?

10. Dadeo

Dadeo
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at both the Harrisonburg KOA and the Lexington/Natural Bridge KOA, about an hour further to the south. Both are good well run KOAs located off I-81 in the Shenandoah Valley. They cater to the same crowd coming off I-81 who need a break from a long trip. Both have good access to Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway and all the scenery in the area. The Natural Bridge KOA is closer to I-81, and is a little easier to get to. Natural Bridge is well worth a day as well. We've stayed at both in the dead of winter and they both had water, although you had to fill your tanks. Both were expanding.