"Any Takers?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Apr 21, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I am, betting that CRs hits a half million members no later than Memorial Day and most likely sooner than that. Amazing how fast the growth has been just this last year. Hope the majority stick around a while but many of them will no doubt be unloading their RVs once life gets back to some form of normal again. When I joined I believe the membership was just over 100,000 or so. Half a million boggles the old grey matter.....:eek:

Safe travels to all, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I would like to see how many members are ACTIVE. Meaning they have signed on within the last five years. I agree half a million members boggles the mind, but what would be really amazing is a half million active members.

3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

PaytheBill has a good question, how many actually are active or do post reviews? Glad to see so many are "members" of this forum.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

After watching the count in just this last couple of days I am now going to say we'll reach that half million by the end of the month..........:rolleyes: I imagine many join just to post reviews of their trips but are not interested in the forum. And that's okay as they are still members and their reviews benefit us all...

BankShot..................(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  5. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

If I can guess the correct date CR reaches 500,000 members do I win anything?

mdcamping, BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Bragging rights:rolleyes:

mdcamping, BankShot and Rollin Ollens like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Indeed! Anyone who guesses the exact date the membership reaches 500,000 will be recognized on this thread as being one very smart person. And that recognition will come in bold Red letters with a bunch of smiling and very happy Emoji faces. Your name will forever be changed and forthwith throughout the land yee shall be known as "CR-Exalted One" How do that sound Fun Finders? As for Ron (paythebill) he can brag all he wants about you.........:D

Adios for now, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

#7 BankShot, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well, we all lost...........:( Nobody wins the above grand recognition. The newbies came out of the woodwork all in one fell swoop and as of today CR has reached the half million member mark. Welcome aboard all you new folks, hope to see some posts from you as well as a bunch of reviews on the 'flip side' of the forum on the parks and campgrounds you throw your anchor out at. Sorry Fun finders, you don't get the "CR- Exalted One" reward and Paythebill won't be bragging about you for winning it...................:p

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  9. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

@#$&,I needed that title to add to my resume. Will that title carry over to the person who can guess when CR hits 750,000? Let it be known that my guess is September 22,2021.

Paythebill likes this.
  10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well, since my last post we've been averaging just under 1,000 new members PER DAY!!! If this keeps up then Fun finders prediction of 750,000 by Sept. 22nd may very will win him the grand prize he's after...........:D With the summer months ahead the daily average could very well go up considerably..............:rolleyes: This will be interesting to watch..............

BankShot............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  11. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

To make it more interesting, I think Janet should throw in free forum membership for the winner! :)

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I can do that! I can also throw in a years RV Life PRO subscription (no ads at CGR and a years Trip Wizard use. Game on!

Choose the date and time (CST) we reach the 750,000 member mark. Person who gets closest wins.

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  13. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I pick August 8th, 2021 at 8:15 PM...

Paythebill likes this.
  14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Allrighteeoh then, my pick will be Dec. 23rd, 2021. But instead of what is being offered as the prize would it be possible to just have a bunch of paid for nights at the RV park or campground of our choice........:rolleyes: And if that won't work then a gasoline gift card in an amount to be determined by those that will decide that sort of thing would be greatly appreciated. At 7.6 mpg we can use any free gas we can get....... ;) And as Janet has stated...............GAME ON...........
    PS: Hope you all know I am just doing some chain yanking here. We really don't need a prize on this. Unless of course the CR folks in charge insist that there be one..............:D

Bankshot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

12:01 AM Janurary 1 2022 is my pick :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  16. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I'm in the race, My guess is Oct 9th, 2021 at 3:30 pm,

Paythebill likes this.
  17. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Since Janet put in a time stipulation to the contest I’ll go for the middle of the day at high noon on September 22,2021

Paythebill likes this.
  18. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Ill take sept 7, 2021 around 3:00pm. We got married 30 years ago that date, so seems the best as any.

Paythebill likes this.
  19. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

December 25, 2021 at 8.00am

20. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

And the membership continues to rise! Approximately 40,000 new members added to the ranks since I started this thread. I wonder if that means there are perhaps 40,000 new RVs out there on the road? Probably not that many but surely a good percentage of these new members are also new to RVing. But as it's been said, I wonder how many of those new RVs are going to be put up for sale after the Labor Day holiday and the country goes back to the 'normal' methods of travel for the many of these folks? Hey, hope everyone's travels this summer are good travels. Of course it goes without saying that any travels in an RV are good ones............:D

BankShot............(aka Terry)

NYDutch likes this.